kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

There is no legal way to watch this in the UK as it stands at the moment.

Same here in Canada right now, hopefully they’ll have some announcements soon cause a lot of theatres are closed in a lot of places 

On 11/20/2020 at 4:56 AM, DlAMONDZ said:

Kinda hard for the average consumer to make heads out of HBO Now, HBO Go and HBO Max. The HBO name did more harm than good. Should've picked a different one

They should’ve copied Disney and Apple and just called it HBO+. Gets across that there’s added content.

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Same here in Brazil and at this point i don´t care.

I would happily pay for it if they put it on PVOD or something where´s HBO Max is not available, but since apparently they only care about US safety and everywhere else if you want to see it you have to risk and go to a theater, i will ´´find a way´´ to see it anyway.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

This is kind of crazy, that Warner Bros./AT&T hadn't at least made tentative agreements with major territories like the UK before making this HBOMax announcement.  The fact that China had a release deal apparently before the UK is unusual, right?  I know we're in an unprecedented situation, but like many others, I'm not a fan of this WW84 decision (for the US), and I think it's clear that there are competing voices internally here that were apparently not in agreement up until the last minute.  The decision and the associated statements from Kilar don't show professionalism.  This is an astoundingly bungled release for a major tentpole -- there doesn't seem to be any "strategy" here. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

This is kind of crazy, that Warner Bros./AT&T hadn't at least made tentative agreements with major territories like the UK before making this HBOMax announcement.  The fact that China had a release deal apparently before the UK is unusual, right?  I know we're in an unprecedented situation, but like many others, I'm not a fan of this WW84 decision (for the US), and I think it's clear that there are competing voices internally here that were apparently not in agreement up until the last minute.  The decision and the associated statements from Kilar don't show professionalism.  This is an astoundingly bungled release for a major tentpole -- there doesn't seem to be any "strategy" here. 

There’s a UK release deal in place, it’s opening in cinemas on December 16th. The big question is whether any cinemas will actually be open and able to show it. Under the new tier rules outlined by the UK government today, once the country exits the month long “full lockdown” on December 3rd, tier 3 (the highest) will see all entertainment venues closed (including cinemas), so the viability of WW84 receiving a cinema release rests on how much of the UK is placed into tier 3. Not to mention, it’s unlikely that Cineworld will reopen for one film, especially if they can’t open cinemas in tier 3 areas, so that’s a sizeable chunk of screens unavailable regardless of what happens.

Personally, I’m hoping they announce some sort of PVOD release for it in the UK with so much uncertainty. By all means, open it in cinemas in tier 1 and 2 areas, but as someone who is expecting to be in a tier 3 area, I’d happily pay £15-20 to watch it at home.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

There is nothing wrong with the trailer views. Both trailers have amazing numbers.

WB just don't care to focus in just one upload on their main account to make the numbers bigger. There is always tons of accounts reposting the same video/trailer.

The first trailer has over 70 million on Youtube combining the five most viewed uploads. For example, the Black Widow first trailer has 53 million also combining the top five uploads.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sure Jenkins and Gadot are not happy with this decision.  But if they complain publicly, AT&T/Warner will surely shut down any notion of a third movie...so they will play along.  But woman...what a bummer.  

I also think it's very possible that Snyder's Justice League Redux was a factor here -- they probably wanted WW84 out first in the marketplace no matter what, just in case further re-impressions of JL cloud the perception of the character for general audiences. 

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Sets Global Release Dates

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/wonder-woman-release-dates-1234839350/

Wednesday, December 16 — Belgium, Bulgaria. Egypt, Estonia, France, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Indonesia, Portugal, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom

Thursday, December 17 — Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, Middle East – Other, Nicaragua, Panama, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates

Friday, December 18 — China, East Africa, Japan, Nigeria, Spain, Vietnam

Wednesday, December 23 — Austria, Germany, Korea

Thursday, December 24 — Hungary, Slovenia

Friday, December 25 — Canada, Colombia, Finland, India, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, Venezuela, United States

Saturday, December 26 — Australia, New Zealand

Thursday, December 31 — Argentina

Thursday, January 7 — Ukraine, Uruguay

Friday, January 8 — Philippines

Thursday, January 14 — Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Russia

Friday, January 15 — Romania, Turkey

Thursday, January 21 — Chile, Peru

Friday, January 22 — Poland

Thursday, January 28 — Italy

TBD — Bahrain, Ghana, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Asia – Other, LatAm – Other, Islands – Other

Edited by Macleod

18 hours ago, Macleod said:

Wednesday, December 23 — Austria, Germany, Korea

Lol, cinemas won't be open in December in Germany. Afaik, the lockdown will continue till mid January, only that the contact restrictions will be less strict during Christmas holiday to make it possible to meet your family. I don't believe, they'll allow cinemas to re-open during the "lockdown break" only to be closed again from Christmas until mid January.