kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

9 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I think it's gonna be similar to how Winter Soldier is a sequel to First Avenger but is a completely different film with a different supporting cast and time period. More episodic than a saga.

Anyhow it's all semantics.

Finally someone said it. I was facepalming so hard reading the other posts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bane Cook said:

Finally someone said it. I was facepalming so hard reading the other posts.

Oh great, all they need is Etta Candy with a mechanical arm and the MCU fanboys will be like "oh you so copied Captain America".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Oh great, all they need is Etta Candy with a mechanical arm and the MCU fanboys will be like "oh you so copied Captain America".

And Wonder Woman 3 will be an unoffical JL sequel with Wondy fighting Aquaman  for supremacy of the DCEU, and Mera, Shazam, Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey all guesting. And of course, Atom will make its debut just so it makes it even more of a Civil War rip-off 

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2019 at 5:02 AM, JB33 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was going "WTF" after that. This is clearly a continuation of WB's trend of distancing themselves from what they were doing before. Now they're going out of their way to be "different".

I mean, you can call it a sequel guys. People are still going to show up in droves to see it! If it actually isn't a sequel then...well....okay. Just don't try to be different for the sake of being different because you screwed up your movies before. The answer isn't hard. Just make good movies that people will love.

Patty Jenkins has never screwed up her movies ;) 

• Like 1

THE DARK KNIGHT is a sequel though basically no storylines carry over from BATMAN BEGINS. THE WINTER SOLDIER is a sequel even though basically no storylines carry over from THE FIRST AVENGER.

not rocket science 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

A movie set in the 80's ?

Never seen that.
Can't freaking wait.

Yet you have no problem watching and celebrating the latest iteration of the same ole film that the Marvel Studio assembly line regurgitates every year.

"A movie about a person with superpowers fighting another person with superpowers over an all-powerful whartchamacallit that will destroy the world?

Another 2 hour ad for the next big superhero team up?

Never seen that.
Can't freaking wait."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh it’ll be a nice change to see one that’s well made ;) 

I have learned to understand that 99 % of Futurist's posts are made of 100 % troll waste.

The other 1 % is him/her singing the praises of the MCU's ability to potently  market mediocre films.

• Like 3

Chuck Roven is basically like Warner Bros./DC projects' "Jon Peters" at this point...if anyone still knows who he is/was.  Roven is basically ceremonial in connection, here, grandfathered in through his connections helping the Nolan films get made, then the Snyders'. 

But yes, it is another vague way of "distancing" themselves from any "problematic rep" that was there before, due to the first film's connection to the Snyders' world. 

1 hour ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

"A movie about a person with superpowers fighting another person with superpowers over an all-powerful whartchamacallit that will destroy the world?

Another 2 hour ad for the next big superhero team up?

Never seen that.
Can't freaking wait."

Wonder if there will be a "glowy thing" in this movie?  🤣  But actually, Patty Jenkins nicely refuted that trope *as well* in Wonder Woman...I expect she will do so here! 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:50 AM, ChipMunky said:

I hope Steve is just there. And nobody says anything about it.

It's happened before...  😂

Connery was paid a few million to basically show up and get dressed up on camera for a few scenes in Highlander 2...after he had literally been decapitated in the first film.🤣