kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

read the redditor's AMA from the screening. It's hard to gauge because every AMA is going to be affected by the leaker's bias. This guy was disappointed so he described most of scenes and the plot as stupid. Stupid this, stupid that. We'll see. For those who want to check out the spoiler AMA, redditors user ID is gb410. 

Edited by Valonqar

Like clock work. New CBM about to come out. Test screening reports start to get talked about. People either begin to panic or get excited based on said reports. And in the end the test screening reports are 50/50 meaning these people flip a coin and then decide whether a movie had “bad” test screenings or “good” test screenings. Just let the film makers do what they have to do and judge the final project when it gets released. 

• Like 5

On 6/15/2019 at 6:54 AM, BoxOfficeZ said:

Apparently the current cut of the film is pretty damn good from what I've heard so honestly I have faith wherever it gets placed. Depends also on marketing and what angle WB is going to target. 

Do you have any new information?

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

Do you have any new information?

I could ask around, but honestly it doesn't matter. Test screenings don't mean jackshit sometimes. 

My worry is WB might use test screenings as an excuse to interfere with the movie, as they have in the past. I trust Jenkins wayyyyyy more than WB. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Fixed it for you. 

We don’t exactly go through any test screening panic with MCU movies. It helps that Disney does their test screenings in-house. Regardless, David F. Sandberg’s video on the subject of test screenings will hopefully quell at least some of the panicky responses to news of test screenings for this movie being mixed or bad. 

13 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Spoiler-tagged, just in case:

Reveal hidden contents

Cancel the film. 

Spoiler

I am joking

Spoiler

Really

Spoiler

Half joking 😒😒😒

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:
  Hide contents

But is she inside it at the very least?

Okay I promise this is the last thing I will post in this thread with a spoiler tag! (For the people passing over them, we're not talking about major plot revelations or third act details)

Spoiler

Yes. It's a wonderful, beautiful scene.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

She was working. At one point she was the director for Thor: The Dark World, but Kevin Feige fired her and pissed off Natalie Portman in the process. Something that wasn't healed until Taika Waititi brought her back. Besides that, she's done a lot of well regarded TV work, including the pilot episode of The Killing.

If you want a reason she wasn't doing feature work, sexism in the industry is probably a big culprit. Women in Hollywood were rarely given second chances for even slight mistakes, even if they're massively successful (see Catherine Hardwick getting ousted from Twilight) while men are given chances time and again. Jenkins got pregnant at one point which is a big career derailment (See Joss Whedon's treatment of Charisma Carpenter after her pregnancy).

Working in movies is a hustle. Every is a self-employed contractor and all the work they do isn't on their IMDB page. For everything we know that Jenkins (or anyone else) has worked on, there's probably a few things that didn't pan out.

She wasn't fired, she quit - partly b/c they couldn't agree on story and partly b/c she though if she made it and it didn't work out it would hurt other women directors.

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-patty-jenkins-interview-1201834609/

“It was painful and sad because I really loved those guys and I loved the idea of us making a ‘Thor’ together, but it’s one of those things,” Jenkins said. “You have to make sure that the movie you want to make is fully the right movie for that studio too. It was heartbreaking, but I also knew that it was good.”

She added, “I knew that it was good because I didn’t think I could make a great film out of their script.”

The director’s initial plan for her “Thor 2” was a Romeo-and-Juliet-esque space opera that hinged on the separation of Thor and Jane Foster, a tone and direction that’s very different from what emerged in Taylor’s final film.

And Jenkins wasn’t just worried that “Thor 2” wasn’t the right film for her, she was also deeply conscious of the effect it could have on other female filmmakers. “If I do it, and it’s what I think it’s gonna be, I can’t help the fact that it will represent women directors everywhere, and then that’s going to be bad for everybody,” she said.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, AndyK said:
  Hide contents

The information has been proved correct, so whats the problem with them?

Spoiler

There were already reports of the invisible jet before. They aren’t the first people to break the news. There were reports of it as far back as when filming was going on and we saw that image Gal Gadot sitting in mid-air.

11 hours ago, cax16 said:

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

Sandbergs new video with good timing

I think whoever becomes a new mod needs to abuse their new found mod powers do the BOT community a solid and pin either one of these posts the top this forum. 👍

===

All kidding aside, just a fantastic vid.  Informative, funny, and concise.  Even had some great easter eggs in it.  Can't think of a single thing wrong with it or missing, for that matter.  A++++.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1