kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Biggest movie of all time if Diana and/or Chris Pine sing along to I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight

The guy who played Sameer in the first WW needs to cameo as Fernando and lose his mind as he sings along with them.

Edited by MrGamer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

The guy who played Sameer in the first WW needs to cameo as Fernando and lose his mind as he sings along with them.

What if Pedro Pascal is revealed to be Fernando. And in the end he helps to defeat Kristen Wiig through the power of love

On 10/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Since sequels have underperformed this year- outside of Endgame, I am tempering my expectations. I was starting from a DOM of 400 being the floor. Now, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this explodes. DC is on a roll lately and frankly, with the performance of Joker and Aquamsn since WW, I hope people stop saying that DC films are front loaded. Maybe the days of front loadedness  are over. Now, the movies seem to be appealing to more than just the core base. 

Spider-man, Toy Story, John Wick all outperformed expectations. Or at least, they outperformed the logical expectations. TS4 had zero buzz, still managed to gross more than TS3. 

What you saw was unnecessary sequels under-performing, and It Chapter Two, a mediocre sequel to a mediocre movie. 

Edited by tonytr87

While the first trailer for Wonder Woman 1984 isn't arriving until December, WarnerMedia debuted a brief but tantalizing new glimpse of the movie at today's HBO Max presentation.

Unfortunately, there's no indication Warners will be releasing this footage online, but read on for a breakdown of what we saw during the presentation.

Much of the footage appears to be set in Washington DC. We see a shot of Diana and Steve Trevor walking in front of the Washington Monument. Diana is wearing a white, Greek goddess-inspired dress and reaches out to caress Steve's cheek. Her voice-over narration mourns, “I can almost see it, like a beautiful dream.”

That narration would seem to suggest this is a dream sequence of some sort, though the footage itself looks real enough.

A second scene lends more credence to the idea that Steve Trevor is alive and well and not just a figment of Diana's imagination. We see Wonder Woman battling enemies inside the White House while wearing her new armor. She protects Steve from gunfire, grabs a gun and unloads it in slow-motion and pulls foes closer with her lasso. Another cryptic shot shows her whipping her lasso around to possibly deflect or redirect a bolt of lightning. Could she be fighting Zeus?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

I absolutely loved the first one, but bringing Pine back and the 80s setting just really do not appeal to be at all.  WW is hard enough to make not look silly, and the stills they released so far are really close to camp.  I don't know. I wish it well, but I'm surprisingly (to me) very meh about it.

Edited by sabrecmc

Yall underestimate her and Patty so much smh. It just needs to be a good movie/as good as the first one. The acclaim on the first one did wonders with it. She came just after Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad and people expected nothing from her. Not to mention the WW1 plot and the fact that it was the first CBM with a female superhero in a leading role since Supergirl (1984), and we didn't know how people would react to it.

Wonder Woman ($822 million) did less than Homecoming ($880 million) and Ragnarok ($854 million) but it was the most profitable comic book movie of 2017.

I trust Patty and I can't wait to see it. It surely is the most anticipated movie of 2020 for me. Now I just need the trailer and the promo that our girl deserves.

original.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

Not to mention the WW1 plot and the fact that it was the first CBM with a female superhero in a leading role since Supergirl (1984), and we didn't know how people would react to it.

Electra and Catwoman both came out since. The conventional wisdom was that superheroines couldn't sell, rather than bad movies don't sell. 

• Thanks 1