kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Just now, Ms Lady Hawk said:

How can anyone say that this has no hype? Even Ava DuVernay is excited and she’s in the business. I don’t know what this will make at the box office, but it has tremendous potential. 

Ava DuVernay is directing a DC movie.

(Not that it matters, at worst this thing should open pretty huge)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yeah, I think that 80s will help. First Cap movie also had WW2 limitation. Contemporary sequel leapfrogged over it. 

That's just an Avengers bump and the movie itself was much better received. Even TDW which is probably the least-liked MCU movie had a huge boost from Thor 1.

26 minutes ago, Menor said:

That's just an Avengers bump and the movie itself was much better received. Even TDW which is probably the least-liked MCU movie had a huge boost from Thor 1.

true. WW85 doesn't have such boost but if previews are as good as the tease indicates it should open higher OS.

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I wished WW84 could make that kind of money but OS didn't really click with the first one (WWI maybe?). 

Probably a degree of unfamiliarity with the character. The first two Iron Man films had low OS grosses. So there's likely a degree of giving it time to grow and improving the OS marketing. 

I notice the new Warner Bros logo is in the teaser so I imagine this is going to be the first trailer to debut with it. I imagine the first WB film to feature the new logo will be Birds of Prey, I doubt it'll be with Just Mercy or Richard Jewell.