kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

27 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think Eternal will be bigger than Black widow since Jolie's in it and she's a bigger box office draw than scar jo ever was. It will also be bigger in scale.

1. F9

2. Minions

Everything else seems really close.

is that why lucy destroyed salt with less than half the budget??? oop!

besides, angelina is 45 already and wayyyyy past her prime brad pitt days

Edited by aladdino

F9 isn't doing much here in the states but I think it will get close to the billion mark if not slightly surpass it.  I think it's going to see a slight drop from F8 which did around $1.2 billion.  

WW84 I am expecting a slight bump overseas and maybe around the same number WW did here in the states so I am thinking very close to the billion mark but not much further.   

Black Widow is really a wildcard.  I don't see it doing more than Captain Marvel or Spider-Man FFH so I think you can rule out $1.1 billion.  

Minions should be locked at least $900M and Bond should do at least $800M

1 minute ago, Wonder89 said:

Nah, Aquaman was an original movie WW84 is a sequel.

You never know when it comes to box office in China. First WW opened to 37m in China and made over 90m. No reason it can’t grow a bit in China if the audience likes it. 

Just now, cax16 said:

You never know when it comes to box office in China. First WW opened to 37m in China and made over 90m. No reason it can’t grow a bit in China if the audience likes it. 

Well, if the interest is under BoP and movie without trailer like Dune, New Mutants, Venom 2 and Furious...is pretty doomed

3 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Well, if the interest is under BoP and movie without trailer like Dune, New Mutants, Venom 2 and Furious...is pretty doomed

If you say so.

I think I’ll wait till the movie actually releases to say anything is doomed.

Edited by cax16

4 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

really?:Gaga:

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t see how this can’t be considered a sequel. It clearly takes place after the events of the first one. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

really?:Gaga:

Reveal hidden contents

By this logic, CA:TFA never got a sequel. I don't agree with it, and I don't think there are many that will. The people involved in the project can claim whatever they want, but it features WW and occurs after the first film and exists in the same cinematic universe, so it is a sequel by definition. I guess we could call it a quasi-prequel as well since it takes place prior to JL and the other DC films, but only sort of because it is a WW film and not about the justice league.

Semantics aside, I loved the trailer and am really looking forward to this film.

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

Hobbs and Shaw did not appear on that same  list  of the top 10 movies from 2019 and the movie made $201m in China (and it's a spin off of a well-known franchise there), Dark Phoenix was the 3 most anticipated in China in the same list 2019 and the movie made $59m.

These lists can't be taken seriously .... I doubt New Mutants will make more than $50m in China...

PKMLover

Edited by Marcos12

16 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

WW84 under BoP worldwide?

What is the matter with you? Why so pessimistic? We are months away from the release and if I am correct, China’s box office is based a lot of Mouyan (sic) scores. If the movies on the list are shit, they won’t do well. It’s okay if you’re rooting against WW84, but please don’t beat us over the head with it. We get it, you think the movie will disappoint. Move on! 

• Like 3