kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

There's no issue with having just two trailers. It's the exposure of the trailers and everything else aside from it. BoP had pretty much zilch, but WW84 has good presence all-around. It's WB's prime moneymaker this year (Tenet and Dune will be more "prestigious", potentially, but WW84 is the one with the biggest box office potential), so don't think they'll fuck it up. They've had a billion dollar DC movie two years running and, even if they screw everything else up in 2020, I reckon they'll ensure this at least gets close to that mark again. 

8 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

That Cheetah Funko is the ugliest looking Funko I've ever seen but  I assume it's just a hard to translate to Funko deign

That’s just the mystery mini, they always look a bit different from actual Funkos

8 hours ago, belblazer said:

News pics for Cheetah's funko

Hide contents

ERWKurcXUAIUneJ?format=png&name=medium

ERWKwZWXsAEqu3W?format=png&name=medium

ERWoYwxUEAU7q6w?format=jpg&name=medium

I think this is Cheetah on full transformation. We can see new details on the ears and eyes.

that’s a comic one, not from the film. See WW’s tiara. 

10 minutes ago, martin said:

so far ..everything looks good...billion still LOCKED...

billion is not locked for a movie that didn't exactly break out OS and we don't know why. Could be WWI setting or could be that the character didn't connect for some reason at least not in a way CM did. I like WW much more but objectively speaking, its 50/50 dom/OS ratio is not a good sign for 1 billion mark. It's movies with higher OS gross that reach those heights and often grow their fandom in foreign countries. We'll see.

Edited by Valonqar

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

billion is not locked for a movie that didn't exactly break out OS and we don't know why. Could be WWI setting or could be that the character didn't connect for some reason at least not in a way CM did. I like WW much more but objectively speaking, its 50/50 dom/OS ratio is not a good sign for 1 billion mark. It's movies with higher OS gross that reach those heights and often grow their fandom in foreign countries. We'll see.

the OS WW1number not really break out maybe more cause tight schedule for summer movie,basically theres new big movie every week.not so much this summer.but yeah we'll see...........

WW84 OUT 5 june,next big movie is maverick 26 june.theres 3 weeks WW can rules OS market.

Edited by martin

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Schedule certainly helps and is Maverick really going to break out? Looks subpar.

well looks like another week strong hold before minion out.....not so sure about maverick tho ,but can be a surprise break out like BB4L due to memory of 1st movie and tom cruise name.......

50 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That could mean there’s room for growth. 

Wonder Woman definitely connected with audiences. CM additionally benefited from its placement and release date, we know this. Maybe some from being the first female lead film for her franchise, 23 films later or whatever it was. 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Definitely growth needed OS, but let's not use CM as some kind of example of a movie "connecting" OS. That did what is now the standard MCU numbers, especially given its placement in-between IW and EG. and the character's prominence post-IW, pre-EG...

• Thanks 1

Hopefully there’s another trailer coming soon to be shown in front of Mulan and No Time to Die, followed by a final trailer in late April that can be attached to Black Widow and F9. 

Wonder Woman 1984  is a major summer blockbuster that probably costs more than $150M unlike Shazam, Joker, and Birds of Prey. It made sense for those 3 films to be marketed with one teaser and one final trailer a month before release because they were low budget flicks. Aquaman also had 3 trailers.

She definitely deserves a credit for facing a lot against her on the first film. Imagine being her, coming right after BvS and SS, DC was on free falling on the GA, the resposibility on her hands, there were zero buzz and people were expecting nothing from her and the movie. The good reviews literally sold the movie. Not to mention the WWI plot.

It incredibly became the most profitable CBM of the year ($252.9 million), even grossing less on box office than Homecoming, Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, belblazer said:

She definitely deserves a credit for facing a lot against her on the first film. Imagine being her, coming right after BvS and SS, DC was on free falling on the GA, the resposibility on her hands, there were zero buzz and people were expecting nothing from her and the movie. The good reviews literally sold the movie. Not to mention the WWI plot.

It incredibly became the most profitable CBM of the year ($252.9 million), even grossing less on box office than Homecoming, Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2.

Good reviews don't sell movies.

9 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Good reviews don't sell movies.

True. The fact the the film is excellent was the biggest part of the success. But the good reviews had a real impact. With the same bad press as BvS and SS, she wouldn't have survived with the same thing that these two films faced.

However, I can't see the $409 million OS becoming over $600-650 million. That would bring a $200+ million OS growth and I think it's too much to happen. The only thing that makes me think about such a positive surprise is that this movie is the first DC sequel since 2008. The Dark Knight ($1.005 billion) and Batman Begins ($373.4 million), it's a $632 million growth. It of course won't happen to her but who knows a $200-250 million? I would be more confident with good reviews but she deserves the billie.

In markets like China, I can only see a $20-30 million growth, $10-15 million in France, Germany and the UK, $15-20 million in Mexico, $10 million in Australia. Using these numbers + the same 2017 numbers for the other countries = $500 million OS.

I also love the fact that the female moviegoers with over 25 yo led the demo: women (55%) and men (45%) / women (25+, 32%), men (25+, 29%), women (25-, 23%) and men (25-, 16%). I think they are underestimated when it comes to this.

Even though Captain Marvel launched on International Women’s Day yesterday, she continues to remain male heavy, 61% to 39% on PostTrak.  Females over 25 remain the third best draw at 22% behind M25+ (33%), and Men under 25 (25%). And at 4 stars, an ‘A’ CinemaScore, and an 86% from females and 80% from males, everyone is just charmed by Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers’ exits are quite different from that of DC’s first onscreen female superhero Wonder Woman : Female moviegoers led the way to that pic, outweighng men 55% to 45%. Females ages 25 and up (32%) were the leading demo, followed by men 25+ (29%) and women under 25 (23%). Wonder Woman opened to less than Captain Marvel with $103.2M, and that was during the summer, but she yielded a 4x stateside multiple of $412M.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-opening-weekend-box-office-breaks-records-1202571905/

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

True. The fact the the film is excellent was the biggest part of the success. But the good reviews had a real impact. With the same bad press as BvS and SS, she wouldn't have survived with the same thing that these two films faced.

I would have agreed if Venom didn't exist.