kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

28 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I shudder to think of the kinds of overreactions that might ensue if this movie opens to less than $100 million.

It would be a disappointment, but with the same 4-4.5x+ multiple that the first film had I wouldn't mind lol

23 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I would have agreed if Venom didn't exist.

I was clearly referring to the DC films...

10 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Definitely growth needed OS, but let's not use CM as some kind of example of a movie "connecting" OS. That did what is now the standard MCU numbers, especially given its placement in-between IW and EG. and the character's prominence post-IW, pre-EG...

I think Wonder Woman 1984's big advantage over the previous film is that it's going to have June mostly to itself OS due to opening just before the Euros much like how Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom had no real competition as it opened just before the World Cup.

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I shudder to think of the kinds of overreactions that might ensue if this movie opens to less than $100 million.

Anything can happen for sure as we’ve just seen from recent events with BOP. But I think it’s more likely this opens over 130m and has regular comic book movie legs rather then opening to less then 100m.

Hype seems pretty strong for this, not super crazy or anything but pretty good, but again, anything can happen. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

This and Black Widow are the only blockbusters I care about and don’t want to be delayed. We’ll see. I think by June it’ll have all blown over. 

Oh, I certainly hope you’re right. We’ve already had one delay and I would absolutely not make it through another few months of waiting. 

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

This and Black Widow are the only blockbusters I care about and don’t want to be delayed. We’ll see. I think by June it’ll have all blown over. 

I don't think so, it's only just starting to take off in Europe and the US.

Just the fear of this thing is starting to cause problems rather than the virus itself.

Flybe just went bust with a 50% drop in passenger numbers. I imagine it will spill over into everything where people congregate, including cinemas.

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

I don't think so, it's only just starting to take off in Europe and the US.

Just the fear of this thing is starting to cause problems rather than the virus itself.

Flybe just went bust with a 50% drop in passenger numbers. I imagine it will spill over into everything where people congregate, including cinemas.

I don’t think Coronavirus caused Flybe’s problems. 

I travelled through London Heathrow yesterday and saw... two masks. 

the media are having a field day, but it’s hyperbolic just now. 

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

Meh, this didn't help, sure, but if Flybe were in a healthy position, they would have survived with reducing frequency, cutting routes, some unpaid leave, etc. Which is what the likes of Virgin, Cathay, Lufthansa and numerous other huge carriers are doing. Flybe was on borrowed time, so don't think that's such a valid point.

Having said that, as someone that works in travel - yeah, demand has tanked and numerous other companies will fold because of this. I think it's impossible for numerous other industries to remain unscathed the longer this goes on, and cinemas will become exposed soon enough. Either with people voluntarily skipping cinema-going (and that potentially starting a vicious circle of studio delays due to lack of people in cinemas, and people less likely to take the risk with nothing to see, due to delays) or with mandated closures - there will be a downturn.

2 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Meh, this didn't help, sure, but if Flybe were in a healthy position, they would have survived with reducing frequency, cutting routes, some unpaid leave, etc. Which is what the likes of Virgin, Cathay, Lufthansa and numerous other huge carriers are doing. Flybe was on borrowed time, so don't think that's such a valid point.

Having said that, as someone that works in travel - yeah, demand has tanked and numerous other companies will fold because of this. I think it's impossible for numerous other industries to remain unscathed the longer this goes on, and cinemas will become exposed soon enough. Either with people voluntarily skipping cinema-going (and that potentially starting a vicious circle of studio delays due to lack of people in cinemas, and people less likely to take the risk with nothing to see, due to delays) or with mandated closures - there will be a downturn.

Virgin have reported a 50% drop in passenger numbers.

Cant blame me though, I was in Krakow January, Venice Febuary, I'll be in Reykjavik next week and Lake Como next month. :sparta: