kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Just now, YourMother said:

I wonder if Star Wars IX will still move to the holidays.

Possible but I could see WW2 moving back a week if that was the case though it would face both Wicked and Masters and the Universe, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep their options open for either a late November slot or Summer 2020 should Episode IX move

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Possible but I could see WW2 moving back a week if that was the case though it would face both Wicked and Masters and the Universe, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep their options open for either a late November slot or Summer 2020 should Episode IX move

There's also that November 1st 2019 spot too.

On 6/20/2017 at 4:15 PM, Heat Vision said:

As successful as Wonder Woman's has been, I would like to see other characters get a film first. 

You make it sound like she's been in countless movies/cartoons like Batman and Superman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really doubt SW9 is moving to DEC, since that would pit it against Frozen 2.

Disney really don't want to hurt the Frozen brand by doing that. They'll protect it at all cost.

Besides, if SW DOES move to Dec, WB can push WW2 to June 2020.

Remember that WW was originally suppose to open against Transformers 5 before moving up to early June.

10 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

You make it sound like she's been in countless movies/cartoons like Batman and Superman

Yep, she deserves all the space and franchise development possible...and no one at Warner Bros. is going to object with these kinds of box office returns.  My only critique of them is that they didn't start developing this earlier like they do so often with other male-led franchises. 

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Both

I can see both of them competing for to holiday movie but I'm giving the edge to WW2. I can see an interesting predicament of girl power overdose where F2, WW2, Wicked, and likely Mulan compete for the crown.

26 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I really doubt SW9 is moving to DEC, since that would pit it against Frozen 2.

Disney really don't want to hurt the Frozen brand by doing that. They'll protect it at all cost.

Besides, if SW DOES move to Dec, WB can push WW2 to June 2020.

Remember that WW was originally suppose to open against Transformers 5 before moving up to early June.

Problem is you can't just keep 'moving things back' ... they're already likely eliminating that 11/19 spot due to this December spot.  You move to June 2020 and all of a sudden you have no DC release from June 2019 to February 2020.

WB has done too much running away from Disney with some dates ... At some point you just have to say fuck it (maybe you move it to 12/6/19) ... we believe in this film and it was popular, screw the competition.

Edited by AdamKendall

On 6/5/2017 at 1:19 PM, Spidey Freak said:

The interesting thing is that there's another incredibly leggy diva's sequel coming out that very month. 

tenor.gif

But Elsa perfectly co-existed with Katniss the last time around, and she may do the same with Wondy if both sequels are received anywhere close to their predecessors. 

The only hitch is the possibility of Episode 9 being shifted to December like Episode 8 this year, especially now that there's no Avatar 2 to contend with. I think Han Solo's performance next summer will be used as a deciding factor for Disney/Lucasfilm regarding Ep 9's release date.

@Spidey Freak, what's up??? So we get Diana back in two years, just like I hoped. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that Elsa can coexist with the amazing amazon, but I am hoping that hurricane Rey stays in a galaxy far far away from December. :D 

• Like 1

Problem is you can't just keep 'moving things back' ... they're already likely eliminating that 11/19 spot due to this December spot. You move to June 2020 and all of a sudden you have no DC release from June 2019 to February 2020.

WB has done too much running away from Disney with some dates ... At some point you just have to say fuck it (maybe you move it to 12/6/19) ... we believe in this film and it was popular, screw the competition.

And WB is not going to feed Wonder Woman to SW when WW is now one of their most important brands.

If SW9 does move it will be announced months ahead of time, so it's not as big of a deal as some people worry it will be. WB will have plenty of time to respond.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

And WB is not going to feed Wonder Woman to SW when WW is now one of their most important brands.

If SW9 does move it will be announced months ahead of time, so it's not as big of a deal as some people worry it will be. WB will have plenty of time to respond.

Besides odds are Disney won't push IX to December until mid summer 2018, which can have WW2 enough time to find a spot.