kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

I was REALLY expecting June 2020 for the WW sequel though.

Three years between movies would have been perfect!

There's a chance if this is better than the first, I'd jump on the $500M hype train.

I don't wanna get my hopes too high for a 500-million total, but I certainly hope that the reviews are at the same level of the first film and that the box office doesn't decrease from the original's US (or worldwide) total.

If it can stay between 400-425 US (and 700-800 WW), I think it will be fine, and hopefully, WB will be happy enough to greenlight Wonder Woman 3  for 2021. :D 

Unless they're doing 4 a year, I think WB has it's 2019 set. Shazam, SS2 and Wonder Woman 2

Reeves said he was gonna take a break after finishing Apes so a 2020 date for Batman sounds reasonable

A 2020 slate of Batman, Flash, Green Lantern and maybe Batgirl sounds pretty good

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Like 1

June 2020 date might have been the safer choice.

WW mainly made so much money because of summer weekdays, also I kind don't want it to face Frozen 2.

Picking this Dec date is certainly a bold statement from WB. You don't put a movie where three Star Wars movie haven been released in past years, you just don't unless you think your movie can fill the vacuum left behind by Star Wars being gone.

Edited by Mojoguy

Just a time table if Disney decides to move SW9 to December

For SW8

On January 20, 2016, Lucasfilm and Disney announced that the release of the film would be delayed to December 15, 2017.

On January 23, 2017, the film was given a confirmed release date of December 15, 2017 with the title Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

June 2020 date might have been the safer choice.

WW mainly made so much money because of summer weekdays, also I kind don't want it to face Frozen 2.

Has there ever been a case of two major blockbusters with such a potentially large female audience overlap thriving during the same season? Both of these sequels' box office runs will be so interesting to watch. I am just incredibly curious about their audience retention and about their overall buzz. Will the franchises expand in terms of audience? Will either one turn out to be a one-hit wonder? I hope both sequels become gigantic hits!! :D 

26 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Unless they're doing 4 a year, I think WB has it's 2019 set. Shazam, SS2 and Wonder Woman 2

Reeves said he was gonna take a break after finishing Apes so a 2020 date for Batman sounds reasonable

A 2020 slate of Batman, Flash, Green Lantern and maybe Batgirl sounds pretty good

I can see throwing Nightwing in 2019 or maybe Gotham City Sirens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

@Spidey Freak, what's up??? So we get Diana back in two years, just like I hoped. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that Elsa can coexist with the amazing amazon, but I am hoping that hurricane Rey stays in a galaxy far far away from December. :D 

Elsa perfectly coexisted with Katniss in what was known as the Song of Ice and (Catching) Fire of Holiday Season 2013 :P  So yeah, I actually think both of these films could help each other in some ways.

Ep. 9 is the only wildcard here but if it moves to December, I'd be cool with Wondy opening in Spring or Summer 2020.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Elsa perfectly coexisted with Katniss in what was known as the Song of Ice and (Catching) Fire of Holiday Season 2013 :P 

47 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Frozen and Catching Fire

Holy shit...I just checked their box office on Mojo, and they literally opened on the same day. And what amazing runs they both had!!!!! 

Is it too much to ask for WW2 and Frozen 2 to mirror the Song of Ice and (Catching) Fire of Holiday Season 2013? :D 

• Like 3

So what do you guys think the budget for this will be? Part of me is hoping for a  bigger budget just so they can do more in terms of dazzling visuals (a realistic, life-like Cheetah?) and action set pieces, but not so big that it is harder for the film to turn a profit. 

I also want them to focus (once again) on the characters and their interactions. This time I want Diana to develop a strong emotional connection with a woman (or women) from patriarch's world (Barbara Ann Minerva? Julia Kapatelis? A descendant of Etta Candy?)... 

33 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

I can see throwing Nightwing in 2019 or maybe Gotham City Sirens.

Honestly I don't see those happening anytime soon

Still. A sequel to Wonder Woman before fucking Batman of all characters gets another solo. What planet am I living on?

So what do you guys think the budget for this will be? Part of me is hoping for a bigger budget just so they can do more in terms of dazzling visuals (a realistic, life-like Cheetah?) and action set pieces, but not so big that it is harder for the film to turn a profit.

I also want them to focus (once again) on the characters and their interactions. This time I want Diana to develop a strong emotional connection with a woman (or women) from patriarch's world (Barbara Ann Minerva? Julia Kapatelis? A descendant of Etta Candy?)...

They really need to set this movie in the modern era, It' would be lazy if they did a period piece again. Flashbacks of course are fine, I want to see Gal Gadot in 70s clothes in the 1970s running around like Lynda Carter in WW TV show as a nod.

I don't expect the budget to explode or anything. Maybe $180M?

I certainly hope we get a new supporting cast, focus on new characters like the professor lady Kapatelis and her daughter that Diana meets in the George Pérez era. Maybe introduce Wonder Girl, use the original origin of human girl that Diana rescues from a fire. Use Circe first while setting up Cheetha for the likely third movie. I feel Cheetha should start out as Diana's friend in the second movie.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Holy shit...I just checked their box office on Mojo, and they literally opened on the same day. And what amazing runs they both had!!!!! 

Is it too much to ask for WW2 and Frozen 2 to mirror the Song of Ice and (Catching) Fire of Holiday Season 2013? :D 

(Frozen's first five days were limited release. Which completely fucks up most of the comparison charts on mojo.)

Assuming both films have strong reception like the originals, they should be able to do fantastic business. 2019 has the same calendar configuration as 2013, so Frozen 2 can benefit from the relatively short period between Thanksgiving and Christmas that helped the first time around. The legs likely won't be as strong, but it should open stronger and will play through the New Year very well at least. I could easily see it pulling a 90m/125m for it's 3day and 5day openings. Where it finishes depend on legs, but 400m+ seems easily possible.

WW2 is probably going to get a monster opening. Star Wars has shown that can happen in December without sacrificing legs. 130m seems likely. 150m wouldn't surprise me. 400m+ is also possible.

• Like 2

To the people worried about Frozen 2 being a hinderance to Wonder Woman, don't worry. Nothing can stop either of the babes (Elsa or Diana), unless we're talking about a mega juggernaut, and both movies can co-exist just fine.

HOWEVER, if Star Wars IX opens in December.... RIP Diana :( (that is, if it refuses to move from December)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

48 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

To the people worried about Frozen 2 being a hinderance to Wonder Woman, don't worry. Nothing can stop either of the babes (Elsa or Diana), unless we're talking about a mega juggernaut, and both movies can co-exist just fine.

HOWEVER, if Star Wars IX opens in December.... RIP Diana :( (that is, if it refuses to move from December)

They would be stupid to pit SW against WW, they would both lose out big time.

WW has claimed the date, everybody else has to work around it.