kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

As much as I am excited for this movie, I cannot believe that they are going to release it on August 14th. That date will not maximize the box office potential for this film. Hard to build anticipation during a pandemic that will stretch into the winter. It should move to December or Spring 2021. What’s happened to the movie industry and to the world because of this pandemic is depressing. Hopefully, we come out of it soon. 

55 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

As much as I am excited for this movie, I cannot believe that they are going to release it on August 14th. That date will not maximize the box office potential for this film. Hard to build anticipation during a pandemic that will stretch into the winter. It should move to December or Spring 2021. What’s happened to the movie industry and to the world because of this pandemic is depressing. Hopefully, we come out of it soon. 

Cinemas are reopening and people need something to watch. They’ve already been inside for 3 months. In my country, it’s care homes and the elderly now. I’m sure the studio will be aware that this film was filmed in 2018. 

I’m also sure studios are fully expecting to take a hit at the box office. Lower numbers can’t be used against the film anyway, unprecedented times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Actually think Tenet and Mulan will normalize theaters enough to the point where people show up in droves. They'll come in pouring in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

You're in luck, because there's a fairly good chance it'll get pushed back.

A July re-opening for Tenet is far too optimistic at this stage, so if/when that moves, expect to see everything on the calendar get bumped back. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TerwillikerInst said:

You're in luck, because there's a fairly good chance it'll get pushed back.

A July re-opening for Tenet is far too optimistic at this stage, so if/when that moves, expect to see everything on the calendar get bumped back. 

Maybe they’ll just shift Tenet and leave everything else where it is. Tbh I’d rather that happened, selfishly because I have zero interest in it lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hoping it keep its August date. 

cinemas open in July. No need to wait til Christmas. We’re already waiting. 

With Tenet on July 31, WW84 won't release on August 14. Same with Mulan for July 24. A lot of shuffling is incoming.