kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

'Wonder Woman' (2017) is coming to Netflix next week. I think it was part of the plan to promote 'Wonder Woman 1984' on its original date last week.

Its been on Netflix for some time here (UK).

• Like 1

Not sure what the most ridiculous take in this thread is. 

Regardless, I'm not going to a theater for any movie until there's a widely available vaccine. 

Even if it's something I've been looking forward to as much as this. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

Regardless, I'm not going to a theater for any movie until there's a widely available vaccine. 

If you only knew what was in the air in a tightly packed theatre even before COVID....

Sad to say you'll be waiting a loooooong time if a vaccine is the benchmark for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JB33 said:

If you only knew what was in the air in a tightly packed theatre even before COVID....

Sad to say you'll be waiting a loooooong time if a vaccine is the benchmark for you.

On one hand, I'll miss a movie I want to see for about 3-6 months.

On the other, I'll risk heart attack, stroke, lung failure, or a whole host of other problems up to and including death.

Tough choice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

The UK is gearing up for mass vaccination in September.

100 million doses ordered and in production.

25 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

100m doses of what? No vaccine candidate has completed phase 3 yet. 

100m doses of AZD1222, https://www.firstwordpharma.com/node/1727007?tsid=33

The production will start before all the phases are completed so if they achieve them they will be already be ready.

Edited by Barnack

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

100m doses of AZD1222, https://www.firstwordpharma.com/node/1727007?tsid=33

The production will start before all the phases are completed so if they achieve them they will be already be ready.

Huh. I hadn't heard this. I figured clinical approval - which hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge - would be necessary before an order of this magnitude.

9 hours ago, JB33 said:

Huh. I hadn't heard this. I figured clinical approval - which hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge - would be necessary before an order of this magnitude.

It's a low risk vaccine as it uses standard technology and it was already in development before COVID19 struck, they just piggybacked the new structure onto it.

The risk is the disease disappears on its own before they have time to prove it in the general population.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AndyK said:

It's a low risk vaccine as it uses standard technology and it was already in development before COVID19 struck, they just piggybacked the new structure onto it.

The risk is the disease disappears on its own before they have time to prove it in the general population.

Ah, gotcha.

We'll see what comes of it. What's the general feeling on COVID over there in the UK? Fear? Desperation to open up again?

6 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

We have it here in Ireland too. 

Is UK Netflix any different from Irish Netflix, or are they the same?

They are different.. when I log into my Netflix account in London and Dublin a lot of stuff on my ‘watchlist’ disappears.. a lot of the BBC stuff ends up on UK Netflix which tends to be removed when I log in while home in Ireland..

49 minutes ago, J4Smoke said:

They are different.. when I log into my Netflix account in London and Dublin a lot of stuff on my ‘watchlist’ disappears.. a lot of the BBC stuff ends up on UK Netflix which tends to be removed when I log in while home in Ireland..

Balls. So that's why I can't find Dracula.