kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Obviously, everyone knew the movie would be PG-13, but judging from that MPAA description, it sounds like it’ll be on the lighther end of a PG-13.

Pretty much the same description as the first film. The first film also had "some suggestive content". Aquaman also had the same description with "some language" added onto the end. Shazam 

got "intense sequences of action" which makes sense because it's easily the most violent PG-13 DCEU movie. 

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Pretty much the same description as the first film. The first film also had "some suggestive content". Aquaman also had the same description with "some language" added onto the end. Shazam 

got "intense sequences of action" which makes sense because it's easily the most violent PG-13 DCEU movie. 

Before I saw Shazam!, I remembered thinking that the PG-13 rating seemed like it would’ve been unnecessary, but after I watched it, I realized that it was more deserving of its rating than a lot of other modern PG-13 movies, which was surprising. 

Anyway, this seems like it’ll probably be a pretty lighthearted movie in general, especially now that the Zack Snyder influence is more or less completely gone. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Before I saw Shazam!, I remembered thinking that the PG-13 rating seemed like it would’ve been unnecessary, but after I watched it, I realized that it was more deserving of its rating than a lot of other modern PG-13 movies, which was surprising. 

Anyway, this seems like it’ll probably be a pretty lighthearted movie in general, especially now that the Zack Snyder influence is more or less completely gone. 

Wonder Woman 1984 is produced by him.

• Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Wonder Woman 1984 is produced by him.

He's not involved in any DC film since he was fired from Justice League. He's mentioned as producer in Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984 because he "created" them, in terms of casting, history, art direction etc. It will be the same with the Flash film if Ezra still play him.

That's why he's not mentioned as producer in Shazam. Zac was not his choice and he don't have any participation on the history. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, belblazer said:

https://entretenimento.uol.com.br/noticias/redacao/2020/04/24/mulher-maravilha-1984-novo-comercial-sera-exibido-na-final-do-bbb-20.htm

New scenes live from the Big Brother Brasil final on April 27.

I don't know if it's just a commercial with new scenes or the new trailer.

It is kind of funny that Big Brother was ahead of the curve with isolation and small groups and testing people.

This won't be a new trailer though, i don't see a new trailer coming till Tenet if Tenet is releasing on July 17, mainly because they will reserve the right to move the release date till late June for Tenet and WW84.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:25 PM, AndyK said:

Christopher Nolan is a BvS producer.

On 4/24/2020 at 3:12 PM, belblazer said:

He's not involved in any DC film since he was fired from Justice League. He's mentioned as producer in Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984 because he "created" them, in terms of casting, history, art direction etc. It will be the same with the Flash film if Ezra still play him.

That's why he's not mentioned as producer in Shazam. Zac was not his choice and he don't have any participation on the history. 

I think you're mistaking producer and executive producer. The executive producer credit is given when the filmmaker is not directly involved in the sequel or spin-off. Snyder is officially credited as a producer in Wonder Wonder 1984, not executive producer.

Nolan was directly involved in Man Of Steel and was credited as a producer. In the sequels he had no involvement with (BVS and Justice League) he got credited as an executive producer.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I think you're mistaking producer and executive producer. The executive producer credit is given when the filmmaker is not directly involved in the sequel or spin-off. Snyder is officially credited as a producer in Wonder Wonder 1984, not executive producer.

Until we the (p.g.a) tag next to the names and that there was no best picture nomination vetting process, I would imagine that there is not much strong rules going on.

He's mentioned as producer in Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984 because he "created" them, in terms of casting, history, art direction etc. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1477834/fullcredits, executive producer on Aquaman:

Produced by 

Khadija Alami ... line producer: Morocco plate unit
Jon Berg ... executive producer
Rob Cowan ... producer (produced by)
Walter Hamada ... executive producer
Geoff Johns ... executive producer
Mark O'Neill ... associate producer: Newfoundland plate shot unit
Peter Safran ... producer by (p.g.a.)
Enzo Sisti ... line producer: Italy plate unit
Deborah Snyder ... executive producer
Zack Snyder ... executive producer

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Nolan was directly involved in Man Of Steel and was credited as a producer. In the sequels he had no involvement with (BVS and Justice League) he got credited as an executive producer.

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

Until we the (p.g.a) tag next to the names and that there was no best picture nomination vetting process, I would imagine that there is not much strong rules going on.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1477834/fullcredits, executive producer on Aquaman:

Produced by 

Khadija Alami ... line producer: Morocco plate unit
Jon Berg ... executive producer
Rob Cowan ... producer (produced by)
Walter Hamada ... executive producer
Geoff Johns ... executive producer
Mark O'Neill ... associate producer: Newfoundland plate shot unit
Peter Safran ... producer by (p.g.a.)
Enzo Sisti ... line producer: Italy plate unit
Deborah Snyder ... executive producer
Zack Snyder ... executive producer

He still has ZERO influence in both films... 

2 hours ago, TMP said:

WittyUsername is a huge Snyder-bro...

No. I’m really not a Snyder fan. I haven’t even seen Sucker Punch or that owl movie, nor do I have any intention of doing so. In fact, if I recall, this conversation started because I mentioned that this movie seemed to be moving away from the Snyder influences of the first one (which I was fine with), which prompted @Napoleon to mention that Snyder is still the producer on this movie. 

If anything, I would agree with other people in that Snyder isn’t really a good director. He’s basically Michael Bay if he tried to be like Stanley Kubrick. The highest praise I can give him is that he’s someone who has a vision, but that doesn’t mean I think movies like BvS are good.

Edited by WittyUsername

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t get how it is that Zack Snyder could be credited as a producer for this movie, rather than an executive producer. I thought WB cut ties with him after he left JL. 

Yeah, essentially none of this matters -- but the reason is that when you achieve a certain echelon in the industry, when you essentially are credited with starting a franchise or a series of films based on a character, regardless of whether they all tie into your particular iteration of that character, you can negotiate to get some form of Producer /Exec Producer credit and some portion of the profits from each successive entry.  Contracts will vary just how far and how long that credit will take you.  Richard Donner, for example, doesn't get anything from Man of Steel, as far as I know, but Jon Peters gets Producing credit/money on anything Superman until he dies, apparently.  Nolan and Snyder will likely get some form of remuneration for any subsequent movie spin-offs to these new versions of the characters for the foreseeable future...because that's apparently the contract they were able to negotiate. 

Whether they actually "do" anything on each subsequent project, well...they usually don't have to (I imagine they make themselves available for "consultancy" if needed, but I'd imagine that doesn't happen that often, once things fly into a new direction). 

All this stuff about Warner Bros. "cutting ties" with Snyder, etc., is all "known" or "leaked out"...but not really "officially announced," if you get the drift.  All sides will always want to maintain a good public relationship in case the winds change sometime in the future.

I personally can't stand most of Snyder's films, but I have it on good authority (whatever it means to you) that Warners "really likes" Snyder and has no real personal beef with him...it was all professional/creative decisions from above to "go another way"...take that for what you will. 

So Snyder and his wife likely will get official credit on any near-future Wonder Woman film as long as Gadot and the same principles are attached, because they essentially "introduced" her...regardless if the "creative visions" change. 

And similarly, Affleck will likely get a Producing credit on "The Batman"...even though he essentially has nothing to do with Matt Reeves' film.  Affleck did co-create a script that got this new iteration up and running, initially...

Edited by Macleod

This is probably getting delayed again. Announcement from Governor Newsom of California

PHASE THREE – months away
High risk businesses will be allowed to open if follow CA guidelines.
Beauty salon, nail salon, fitness centers, movies, churches.
These CANNOT open in Phase Two.
  • Like 1

My dad says we are not going to see any movies at the cinema this year. Safest and all that. Nobody knows when the situation will clear completely considering that the virus is everywhere and anyone can bring it in any country any time. I'm pretty devastated. 

• Sad 1