kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

My dad says we are not going to see any movies at the cinema this year. Safest and all that. Nobody knows when the situation will clear completely considering that the virus is everywhere and anyone can bring it in any country any time. I'm pretty devastated. 

This is a widely held view, if the polling I've seen is anything close to accurate.

On 4/29/2020 at 6:42 PM, Valonqar said:

My dad says we are not going to see any movies at the cinema this year. Safest and all that. Nobody knows when the situation will clear completely considering that the virus is everywhere and anyone can bring it in any country any time. I'm pretty devastated. 

No wonder, I would be too. You’re probably not going to be able to see WW til December 😳

call me stupid but I will be going back to the movies the minute they reopen, (if they are playing a movie I've been waiting to see, like WW84) I live in the country though, I'll just wear a mask if I feel it is not safe. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm surprised there are so many images and promo art coming for this movie but nothing for Tenet, even though that film is more in need for marketing than this one.

Well, this movie was meant to open in June so a lot of the magazine stories were decided well before the delay, and it was too late to change once a delay was announced. 

17 hours ago, Kalo said:

call me stupid but I will be going back to the movies the minute they reopen, (if they are playing a movie I've been waiting to see, like WW84) I live in the country though, I'll just wear a mask if I feel it is not safe. 

I'm right there with you.

I very much miss going to the cinema and I can never get as much enjoyment out of a big blockbuster at home. It will suck to not have the usual packed houses for opening weekend, but even 30-40% capacity, on huge screen, will make for a better atmosphere. I miss the sense of communal entertainment a big superhero movie can bring during OW. The buzz is one of the main reasons I like going to the cinema. 

• Like 1

In this big article of WW84, TotalFilm revealed they had access to a 20 min unfinished footage of key scenes from WonderWoman1984 back in JAN, which they described as electrifying, with comedy, character building and pulse-pounding action.

Was this footage shown to them Jan 2019 or Jan 2020? Filming ended Dec 2018 so Jan 2019 seems a little to early to sit with an outlet to show them footage, but it can't be Jan 2020 because Patty said at CCXP that the movie was pretty much done. :thinking:

Edited by meridan

3 minutes ago, meridan said:

In this big article of WW84, TotalFilm revealed they had access to a 20 min unfinished footage of key scenes from #WonderWoman1984 back in JAN, which they described as electrifying, with comedy, character building and pulse-pounding action.

Was this footage shown to them Jan 2019 or Jan 2020? Filming ended Dec 2018 so Jan 2019 seems a little to early to sit with an outlet to show them footage, but it can't be Jan 2020 because Patty said at CCXP that the movie was pretty much done. 

The movie being "pretty much done" at CCXP means picture lock. It was officially rated by the MPAA last week which is when it was "officially done". Movies aren't rated till final lock. Between picture lock and final lock is the final touches on post-production and VFX and all that good stuff. If they were releasing in Dec 2019, they would have fast tracked the VFX and everything. But since they weren't, the final post production could carry on post picture lock.

Picture lock basically means that nothing will be modified from that point forward so that the score, VFX, color correction and everything are working on the same set of items now and not different people working on different things.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The movie being "pretty much done" at CCXP means picture lock. It was officially rated by the MPAA last week which is when it was "officially done". Movies aren't rated till final lock. Between picture lock and final lock is the final touches on post-production and VFX and all that good stuff. If they were releasing in Dec 2019, they would have fast tracked the VFX and everything. But since they weren't, the final post production could carry on post picture lock.

Picture lock basically means that nothing will be modified from that point forward so that the score, VFX, color correction and everything are working on the same set of items now and not different people working on different things.

Umm...

Dec 2019

Patty Jenkins says that Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman 1984 is completely done including the edit and all the VFX work.

“We’re done. The movie is done. Because it doesn’t come out for a few months, for the first time in my career, which is so great, I was able to say, ‘Hey guys, can you let me fiddle with this? Can you let me fiddle with that?’ So I’m fiddling but the movie is technically done.”

When asked if all the VFX shots in Wonder Woman 1984 were also completed, Patty Jenkins confirmed that the film is “100% done.”

2 minutes ago, meridan said:

Umm...

Dec 2019

Patty Jenkins says that Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman 1984 is completely done including the edit and all the VFX work.

When asked if all the VFX shots in Wonder Woman 1984 were also completed, Patty Jenkins confirmed that the film is “100% done.”

VFX and score is never complete till the MPAA rating. If the picture was complete in December, they would have rated it in December. WB rates their movies as soon as they are fully complete. Whatever state it was in during CCXP, it was not complete enough for the studio to submit it for rating. Whether that means polishing the VFX, using or deleting an extra scene, or whatever it may be, it just was not in a finished enough state to be submitted for rating. So judging by the Total Film article, the missing component was finalized VFX since they watched it in January of this year.

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, they never would’ve been able to make that original December 2019 release date regardless?

If they wanted to, they could have. They would have just killed the VFX and post production people. It's like when Rogue Nation suddenly shifted up 5 months and then had to scramble to finish everything and wrapped everything literally a day before the premiere. 

It's the same with every delayed movie which has not been rated by the MPAA. They can take their time to finalize everything. Once a movie is rated by the MPAA, no further changes are allowed. If anything is changed, it needs to do a re-rating exercise which is both time consuming and expensive.

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If they wanted to, they could have. They would have just killed the VFX and post production people. It's like when Rogue Nation suddenly shifted up 5 months and then had to scramble to finish everything and wrapped everything literally a day before the premiere. 

It's the same with every delayed movie which has not been rated by the MPAA. They can take their time to finalize everything. Once a movie is rated by the MPAA, no further changes are allowed. If anything is changed, it needs to do a re-rating exercise which is both time consuming and expensive.

One of my favorite re-ratings was with the animated movie Rio. It was rated PG for "mild off-color humor", then was edited and re-submitted a month later so it could get a G. I'm still genuinely curious what that one off-color joke was and why the producers got rid of it.

31 minutes ago, grim22 said:

VFX and score is never complete till the MPAA rating. If the picture was complete in December, they would have rated it in December. WB rates their movies as soon as they are fully complete. Whatever state it was in during CCXP, it was not complete enough for the studio to submit it for rating. Whether that means polishing the VFX, using or deleting an extra scene, or whatever it may be, it just was not in a finished enough state to be submitted for rating. So judging by the Total Film article, the missing component was finalized VFX since they watched it in January of this year.

Are you telling me that a film that finished filming Dec 2018 didn't finish VFX work for 20 min of footage by Jan 2020? Is that what you are telling me? 

Edited by meridan