kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Is it true that they’re removing the release date for this on billboards and etc ?

There have been no billboards except the ones outside WB. All it says is 'Coming to theaters', same as Tenet. Right now, giving anything a firm date is kind of stupid. It's a crazy situation thanks to a lot of mismanagement politically.

I would prefer to move the movie in Christmas but by moving Wonder Woman in Christmas it means they have to find a new release date for Dune and Dune's current release date is the best possible in my opinion.

So many headaches for the WB execs.

Edit: Welp I posted this as soon as they released the news of the new date 😄

Edited by stephanos13

She could easily be pushed to June (one year gap like Fast and Furious), The Suicide Squad to October and The Batman to December. Would be incredible to see The Batman on Christmas, imagine the numbers that it would make.

WB would probably lose lots of money but December and June are the biggest chances for her to make a huge number on box office.

i know i've said it a bunch of times here but Dune will die a quick death if they move it off that december date. that it got lucky with that date is it's best chance to actually hit. someone at WB must know that too!

• Like 1

Just now, belblazer said:

welp

they are REALLY interested to release Dune in December, aren't they? why not give the Christmas to her, jesus.

Maybe they know something about the quality of WW84. December is all about the legs (under normal circumstances)

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i know i've said it a bunch of times here but Dune will die a quick death if they move it off that december date. that it got lucky with that date is it's best chance to actually hit. someone at WB must know that too!

I think Matrix 4’s date would be that bad. It was the same strategy for Fury Road, and Shang-Chi won’t be anywhere near as big as Ultron

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Maybe they know something about the quality of WW84. December is all about the legs (under normal circumstances)

Dune's only chance is in December, it will die literally anywhere else on the release schedule. They are trying to keep Dune there as long as they can. If push comes to shove, Dune goes and WW84 takes that, but October is empty right now as well and can afford a family movie since there won't be one since forever at that point. Literally everything else from Tenet on is horror and R-rated.

• Like 1