kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

11 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

More delays coming. They did have those graphics they accidentally tweeted out for a Thanksgiving date, but frankly it seems like nothing's gonna make it.

Well tickets for Tenet just went on sale here. Maybe WB will do something similar with WW84, or maybe they’ll wait and see how Tenet does. 

It's frustrating that we could've had WW84 last November but WB moved it to 2020 to make more money, and now can't get the movie out. Let's hope Tenet makes money with its release strategy otherwise we might have to wait to Summer 2021 or worse to see WW84.

3 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Unless Tenet blows expectations away and does at least 500 million worldwide, I don't think WB will even entertain the notion of keeping WW84 in Oct. Nor should they at this point.

Somehow, I don’t think they’ll be expecting the same gross as Dunkirk, which was released without coronavirus lol. 

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Somehow, I don’t think they’ll be expecting the same gross as Dunkirk, which was released without coronavirus lol. 

Yes, but Tenet costs twice as much and has a bigger appeal. So, expectations before COVID would have been Inception levels or higher. With COVID, ya, 400-500 would be a reasonable benchmark for them to consider releasing another 200 million flick in cinemas.

9 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Yes, but Tenet costs twice as much and has a bigger appeal. So, expectations before COVID would have been Inception levels or higher. With COVID, ya, 400-500 would be a reasonable benchmark for them to consider releasing another 200 million flick in cinemas.

.... Inception did a total of $500m internationally, without Covid. Tenet is a limited release in the US. 

I’m sure they’ll have their expectations in check. Expecting it to make $500m, with Covid and no US, is just silly