kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN 1984 | Christmas 2020...for now

I quite like how both this and The Suicide Squad are embracing the ridiculousness of comic books and going all in with the craziness and camp. 

• Like 1

Cheetah was completely impervious to Wondies shockwave.

38 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I quite like how both this and The Suicide Squad are embracing the ridiculousness of comic books and going all in with the craziness and camp. 

I wouldn’t call this camp at all. 🤔 

I liked about three-quarters of the trailer.

4 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I wouldn’t call this camp at all. 🤔 

I liked about three-quarters of the trailer.

Every word that Pedro Pascal and Kristen Wiig (espescially that "I want to be an Apex Predator" line) feels really campy.

Patty Jenkins is a big fan of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, so camp in this movie isn’t surprising. 

Imo sequels definitely should respect the comics ham it up a bit. This looks great. 

Posted (edited)

Yikes! This one feels cheaper than the last one. And that CGI cheetah!🤮 Lord have mercy.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 5

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Patty Jenkins is a big fan of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, so camp in this movie isn’t surprising. 

Good Luck Charlie What GIF

Reeve’s Superman is charming and kitsch. The hoke is what makes it endearing and What makes them Superman. It’s not Camp. I swear to god, the damage WB has done to that tile over the past decade will never ever be repaired. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Cap said:

Good Luck Charlie What GIF

Reeve’s Superman is charming and kitsch. The hoke is what means it endearing and What makes them Superman. It’s not Camp. I swear to god, the damage WB has done to that tile over the past decade will never ever be repaired. 

I wasn’t even saying that as a bad thing. I’m fine with campy comic book movies. 

Just now, Plain Old Tele said:

I really shouldn’t get invoked. Have fun storming the castle, Cap. 

Naaah. I am just going to back home to George Perez land. I have seen the coming trailer storm and want no part of it. 

Glad that Cheetah was  well received by  people (all reactions I saw were good/great), that could have been another Cat, thankfully it was good.

Liked the first trailer alot - it was well laid out with a distinct style and motif. I thought this trailer was just a bunch of action scenes without a build or hook, personally. Not a fan.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I love this.

• Like 5

Looks meh for some reason. Should have let Pine die and let this be something entirely different than the first one. I hope Cheetah and Maxwell Lord are given enough development.

• ...wtf 2