kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

8 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

why can't they release this overseas , then an HBOMAX exclusive 5 weeks later in the US, i think that strategy can work

They can.

But they would make more $$$$ by releasing it theatrically in summer 2021.

So they'll probably do that 🙂 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I would’ve expected them to just have it take Dune’s release date, and push Dune to February. 

This is all going to change again, so I wouldn't worry...  😉 

I still think DUNE will stay put, but WW84 will keep moving as needed...

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

Wonder Woman moving means that Black Widow will move now. Disney have also been adamant that they will not be the first studio to test the waters, so Bond will be the first blockbuster back since domestic is not as important for the franchise.

Also, a Dune delay is likely coming soon since WB won't want to hobble their own movie. Christmas feels like it will stick, since any lower opening will be compensated by the holidays - especially OS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

so they're keeping both Dune and this in December? must have a lot of faith in villeneuve if they want him to go up against a superhero movie.

Dune will probably end up going to the last weekend of February right in time for the Oscars deadline.

We actually had tracking, we were so close to greatness

The Gal Gadot DC sequel came on tracking yesterday like gangbusters. There’s a lot of want to see here, and the year-end holiday marketplace after Top Gun: Maverick departed, was in desperate need of a leading marquee tentpole; Aquaman doing exceptionally well for the Burbank, CA lot two years ago with $335 million domestic and $1.1 billion worldwide.

• Sad 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Dune will probably end up going to the last weekend of February right in time for the Oscars deadline.

does WB really care that much about Dune oscar prospects? chances are it's at best a bp nominee+ tech only winner. they should delay it further in 2021 so it can have a better box office. villeneuve said he wants to make a 2nd movie so I'd think they would rather prioritize its finical aspects first.

for Oscars WB have Tenet for below the line categories and Judas and the Black Messiah for acting/bp/screenplay

you can throw in WW84 for VFX too