kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

43 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Dune will probably end up going to the last weekend of February right in time for the Oscars deadline.

Has Oscar deadline changed?

Dont even see the point in oscars in february lol. Viewing figures are going to be hilariously down even more so than usual.

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Lol, UK cinemas aren’t even open on Christmas Day. 

This is a good US date, but not a good international date, unless we’re getting it earlier. 

Why not good international date? All western countries have strong box office over christmas holidays.

As you know krissykins, plenty of big films get Boxing Day releases, or New Year releases.

(that being said, no way this gets released at christmas. 100% it's pushed back to next year)

Edited by tree

29 minutes ago, grim22 said:

My guess is it does like Aquaman and releases 10 days early OS.

Either that or December 23rd which was the old date for Tom and Jerry. Surprised they didn't opt for a mid week December release for WW1984.

40 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I feel Christmas will happen for WW but not for Dune. That one will move to MLK or late Feb for Oscar consideration.

I could see Dune getting a limited release in December and then move to MLK Weekend, WB already has Mortal Kombat on that date which will probably be pushed back to Spring. 

WB are insane if they leave Dune a week prior to WW84. It’ll be one or the other, not both, especially if they do the early pre-Christmas international release for WW84 like they did for Aquaman.

I’m intrigued why people seem so sure that Dune is in for an Oscar run, don’t get me wrong I think it looks great, but I’m not feeling a Best Picture nomination for it (or Tenet for that matter, unless they want to reward WB/Nolan for sacrificing it).

Cinemas are going to be starving for new content at this rate and I think this will be where we start seeing closures, there’s nothing big now until November, and I still have doubts that Bond will stick to its current date.

Edited by SnokesLegs

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Wonder Woman moving means that Black Widow will move now. Disney have also been adamant that they will not be the first studio to test the waters, so Bond will be the first blockbuster back since domestic is not as important for the franchise.

Also, a Dune delay is likely coming soon since WB won't want to hobble their own movie. Christmas feels like it will stick, since any lower opening will be compensated by the holidays - especially OS.

Thank you, grim22! I wonder what the initial tracking numbers were. 

6 hours ago, belblazer said:

I hope everything is ok in december 🙏

But why not 12/18? the same date as Dune. But yeah this will likely get the same release as Aquaman.

They are holding both dates...and will probably decide to move WW up to Dec 18, IF they decide to give WW the holiday open.

It keeps options open and no one else jumping on either date til it's too late.  It's easy to move up a week sorta last minute (but not move up months last minute)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1