kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I don't get it, is this a fight or are they joking

I thought the same thing. At first I thought Patty was joking and Murphy misinterpreted her joke as being a serious dig at him, which made him then throw real shade at her.

But now, I am not sure.

Maybe it is all a stunt to drum up some controversy...but we are so far from the film's opening, that it would be silly to do that now...

However, now all I can think of is "wouldn't it be great if Lily Rabe were cast as a villain in Wonder Woman 3????" 

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I thought the same thing. At first I thought Patty was joking and Murphy misinterpreted her joke as being a serious dig at him, which made him then throw real shade at her.

Yeah, I got the same impression too.

Ryan Murphy is petty and most of his work have serious undertones of misogyny (and this is coming from someone who really appreciated Glee for being there during a time when LGBT kids really needed something like it). Not at all surprised he'd come for Patty for such a harmless dig. And he's being hypocritical as I highly doubt the next season of AHS would be named 1984 if it hadn't been for WW84. So the Orwellian reference is facetious af.

Hope Patty and co. sidestep starting a mudslinging competition with this shmuck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

Pretty sure both Jenkins and Murphy are just having a bit of fun. Don't read too much into it.

I really hope it is just them being silly with each other.

I don't want any controversy or "fanwar" to taint Wonder Woman 1984's opening.

Both Gadot and Jenkins have been such positive figures throughout this whole Wonder Woman cinematic journey; I want them to continue spreading light, love, and kindness.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Same here. I hate the fake twitter fights or controversy. I loathe the hemsworth/larson pretend spats because it gives the incels so much joy. No reason to stir up crap.

Exactly! Even if you and I may see these fake fights as what they are, there will always be fans of both parties who will truly believe that the "fights" are real, and they will continuously perpetuate those non-controversies as if they were real.

Now, we have all seen, with Captain Marvel's gigantic box office success that those stupid incels opinions and campaigns really have no power to impact a film's box office, but I still would hate WW84 to open with any kind of negative narrative around it. I want it to have all elements in perfect alignment for it to be a box office smash. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Same frankly I want 1 billion+ for it and would be pleased if it did over CM's final. I want both to be successful and continue to push each other.

Yes!

If anything because I would love for Wonder Woman to get a whole trilogy with Gal and Patty (we all know that eventually, the character will get reboots, but I love what Gal and Patty have done!), and because I want to see how Carol's future films integrate her vast comic book history (I want to see Deathbird antagonize Carol, like in the old Ms. Marvel book!!!!!)

1 minute ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Yes!

If anything because I would love for Wonder Woman to get a whole trilogy with Gal and Patty (we all know that eventually, the character will get reboots, but I love what Gal and Patty have done!), and because I want to see how Carol's future films integrate her vast comic book history (I want to see Deathbird antagonize Carol, like in the old Ms. Marvel book!!!!!)

Could Patty even helm eventual captain marvel sequel? They are already lending James Gunn, so... :D

I loved the first 2/3s of the the Wonder Woman movie, but Patty is waaaay too much a Straight Woman Feminist to handle Carol. She’s probably do something silly like give her a boyfriend. Her Steve Trevor love is so 😒🙄🔪