kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

They just confirmed Boyle as director a couple of weeks back and are still working on the script. WW2 is already in the casting stage. So I'm not sure if Bond 25 can make its intended date. Hopefully it doesn't as it will hurt Wondy OS (while she will hurt Bond domestically). 

Well, to be fair... EON/Broccoli have confirmed nothing, which is their usual MO.  Boyle, himself, confirmed that he and his screenwriter are working on a script...but we'll see.  And yes, they don't seem to have their stuff together like they should, at this point. 

Edited by Macleod

I won't believe Bond 25 is coming out at its date next year unless we hear it has started filming.

I still think February 2020 or June 2020 will be a better release date for WW2 if they want to maximize its potential.

First weekend of November cuts off potential since it is too far away from the holidays, and won't have something like summer legs to help it.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

IMAX 70MM BABY

And lastly, I'm excited to announce that Wonder Woman 2, which comes out in the second half of 2019, will be shot with IMAX film cameras in select sequences. This Warner Brothers DC production, the sequel of the global juggernaut from 2017, is directed by Patti Jenkins and produced by Chuck Roven and Rebecca Oakley Roven. And we couldn't be more excited that IMAX has been chosen to be a part of the film's design.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4151487-imax-imax-q4-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

Today at the supermarket, I saw this:

Trinity_ICECREAM.jpg

In the back of each ice cream (although you cannot see it in the WW one hat is turned around), there is a three-panel comic adventure that is a three parter (I saw all three parts of the WW adventure on the shelves). Anyway, although the logos you see are classic, the costume that WW wears in the comic is the movie version, and in said adventure she fights the Cheetah, who is the were-woman version with no human [red] hair, ala Barbara Minerva during the Perez years. I bet the sequel will also have a Cheetah who is more cheetah-like than hair-model-in-a-shampoo-ad.

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

Shooting in Tenerife

http://www.laopinion.es/cultura/2018/04/19/tenerife-acogera-parte-rodaje-segunda/869824.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This has been confirmed to journalists by the president of the Cabildo de Tenerife, Carlos Alonso, who has indicated that this filming confirms that the island is a "very powerful natural set", which has helped a "very favorable" tax regime for the island. audiovisual sector.

Its "powerful natural set", is that it has an active volcano.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 4

On 4/18/2018 at 1:02 PM, Lothar said:

DC Films Is Learning The Right Lessons From 'Justice League's Failure, 'Wonder Woman's Success

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/04/18/why-justice-leagues-failure-may-not-be-the-end-for-dc-films/#39131d8f6080

Didn't they just announce several movies that may not even see the light of day or be constantly pushed back? Just like they did before. I really don't think they're learning that much. Aquaman and Shazam imo will the test. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

53 minutes ago, Belle said:

Didn't they just announce several movies that may not even see the light of day or be constantly pushed back? Just like they did before. I really don't think they're learning that much. Aquaman and Shazam imo will the test. 

They're not announcing movies, trades do which get their info from agents the majority of the time. Which is why you always see "WB had no comment" or "WB couldn't be reached for comment" at the bottom.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

They're not announcing movies, trades do which get their info from agents the majority of the time. Which is why you always see "WB had no comment" or "WB couldn't be reached for comment" at the bottom.

Oh I see. I still stand by my comments and will wait and see how well Aquaman and Shazam do critically and financially before I believe Scott's bold claim that they're learning from their mistakes.

Until then Wonder Woman 2 is the only movie I have complete trust in. I see Wonder Woman 2 opening to Suicide Squad levels and probably a little under 400 mil domestic. Overseas, probably an increase to 500 mil plus. I don't think it will out gross the first one domestically, given the circumstances. Unless of course Patty Jenkins makes a film that is truly thought provoking, gets Dark Knight/Black Panther level acclaim and goes outside the box. 

7 hours ago, Belle said:

giphy.gif