kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

13 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

The first Joker teaser had so many visualizations because it was spectacular

Its also because Joker (the character) is pretty big with younger male audiences (espescially the dumb ones who think he's some sort of hero).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 3

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I think Asia was asleep when the trailer was released. Just wait one more day before declaring it has no buzz

It has no buzz based of what? It was trending #1 on Twitter worldwide for at least for 3 hours yesterday and the trailer was great and well received 

43 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

If original had 4x legs, doesn't mean sequel will be 3x plus too, right. @a2k throw more light.

I think it will have legs par other CBM sequels.

I've tried to look at the percentage decreases of the multiplier between leggy superhero movies and their sequels. Since there's no superhero movie that has a 4x with a sequel, I'm looking at movies that a 3x multiplier plus.

Iron Man 1 - 3.23x ---> Iron Man 2 - 2.44x (-24.4% which gives WW1984 3.02x) 

Guardians of the Galaxy - 3.53x ---> GOTG 2 - 2.86x (-19.0% which gives WW1984 2.23x)

Ant-Man - 3.16x ---> Ant-Man and the Wasp - 2.86x (-9.49& which gives WW1984 3.66x) 

The Avengers - 3.01x ----> Age of Ultron - 2.40x (-20.3% which gives WW1984 3.18x)

random Star Wars comp

Star Wars TFA - 3.78x ----> The Last Jedi - 2.81x (-25.6% which gives WW1984 2.97x)

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Its also because Joker (the character) is pretty big with younger male audiences (espescially the dumb ones who think he's some sort of hero).

Wonder Woman has less trailer views doesn't mean you can trash talk Joker. The Joker trailer is one of the best. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm not really trash talking it. Just saying that Joker attracts a lot of young dudes which Wonder Woman doesn't.

Joker trailer was also much better. I am hyped for WW84 but this trailer was very low on energy. (I know lots of cool things happening in trailer but it looks so muted.)

Edited by LegionofDoom
  • Like 2

Loved the trailer, have a good feeling about this one. Looking like it could be Warner's 5th $1+ billion DC movie (TDK, TDKR, Aquadude and of course Joker being the previous three).

Once they stopped trying to fit them all together the DC universe thingy has become a lot better which in turn greatly improved their box office. With this they'll have 3 of their last 4 DC movies over $1 billion, which is getting into Marvel territory of box office consistency. Nope, wait, forgot about Birds of Prey, that definitely won't do $1 billion (although I'd like to be proven wrong), so it will be 3 of the last 5. Sure it's not as good as 3 out of 4 but still a major improvement over the start of this whole thing where they barely got the frigging Justice League to $650 million worldwide.

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Also in regards to trailer views whether on YouTube or on Twitter.....I’m always cautious with them predicting “hype” or comparing them to other movies now a days because it’s very easy to manipulate views of a trailer if you’re having it play as an ad before other videos on YouTube or you have it pinned as a “promoted” tweet on Twitter so it hops in people’s timelines. I have no idea whether WW is having that done for it or not BUT I notice some films do and some films don’t. *For example, I had BW pop up on my twitter timeline as a promoted tweet and it played as a scrolled by it. 

*Other films have that. I was just using BW as an example because it’s very recent. 

Now, this is a great point. I do see that sometimes too. I think it is masterful advertising. It would have been a good idea for Warner to do that for WW84. When I open my Twitter, there was a story about the trailer which did not include a package of the trailer automatically playing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LegionofDoom said:

I was talking about Joker trailer. Don't you think WW84 trailer is bit weird?

Ah, I thought you were talking about the movie. I do agree. But I don't think the quality of the trailer has much to do with it. I didn't think the Bond and Black Widow trailers were that good either but they have pretty high views. The much better Mulan trailer has less views than both of those.