kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

50 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So far, the trailer on YT has a pretty decent amount of likes, but a fairly low number of views.

Likes are 5.2% of views, seems like a pretty normal ratio though admittedly it’s not a stat I often track. BW 24 hours was 5.5%

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Likes are 5.2% of views, seems like a pretty normal ratio though admittedly it’s not a stat I often track. BW 24 hours was 5.5%

BW died in the last movie that appeared a few months ago, thats why,  WW is still alive;).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

7 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

If original had 4x legs, doesn't mean sequel will be 3x plus too, right. @a2k throw more light.

I think it will have legs par other CBM sequels.

I doubt it! Since the audience for the first movie is very different from the average CBM (older  and much more female), it is very likely to have better legs than the average CBM sequel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wonder Woman audience is quite different from a superhero movie, even compared to Captain Marvel.

"Even though Captain Marvel launched on International Women’s Day yesterday, she continues to remain male heavy, 61% to 39% on PostTrak.  Females over 25 remain the third best draw at 22% behind M25+ (33%), and Men under 25 (25%). And at 4 stars, an ‘A’ CinemaScore, and an 86% from females and 80% from males, everyone is just charmed by Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers’ exits are quite different from that of DC’s first onscreen female superhero Wonder Woman : Female moviegoers led the way to that pic, outweighng men 55% to 45%. Females ages 25 and up (32%) were the leading demo, followed by men 25+ (29%) and women under 25 (23%)."

https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-opening-weekend-box-office-breaks-records-1202571905/

"Wonder Woman Box Office Success Driven by Older & Female Moviegoers"

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-box-office-older-female-moviegoers/

Edited by bruchav
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Elessar said:

I mean, i dig the 80s but this was like overdoing it.

Which might be a problem:The 1980's are just a less interesting period in which to set a movie then World War One.

I an not saying this will not be a good movie, but I am just skeptical it will hit if out of the ball park with the period setting the way the first one did.

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I like the trailer overall but i don't like the presence of Chris pine in the trailer. It feels cheap & lazy but I guess that is the way for marketing......

A  little concerned from the trailer's final scene they are going to go the "Man out of his time" route for Steve Trevor,and it will look like a poor man's version of the "Man out of his time" bit with another Steve.

Also clear if you want to see the Cheetah fully transformed, you will have to pay ten bucks to do so.

25 hours (close enough to 24)

YT: 8.8 million views, 376k likes

Twitter: 6 million views, 202k likes

Facebook: 2.2 million views, 63k shares

Instagram: 3.9 million views (weird, it may be a case of not looking at the right account but I can't find any with more views than WB main), 1.1 million likes

Weibo: 5 million views, 10k shares

Edit: Thanks to @bruchav for finding the correct numbers on IG. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Which might be a problem:The 1980's are just a less interesting period in which to set a movie then World War One.

I an not saying this will not be a good movie, but I am just skeptical it will hit if out of the ball park with the period setting the way the first one did.

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I like the trailer overall but i don't like the presence of Chris pine in the trailer. It feels cheap & lazy but I guess that is the way for marketing......

I don't think you guys are understanding Patty as a film maker.

She putting in themes that permeate the movies and creating moral dilemmas for Diana.

The first movie was an obscure horrible scenario with no clear bad guy and it was a choice between deserve and belief.

This movie is about gluttony, overindulgence, temptation.

The time period is essential to the movie as is Steve Trevor, because.. what is the one thing that would tempt her to ease her loneliness?

• Like 5