kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Unlike Captain Marvel, Wonder Women made it big on its own and with a lot of negativity around the DC Universe at that time...so I see less of a reason for a large decline. 

It will be down to marketing over the next 6 months. I honestly can't see any way it matches the original's legs, so in order to avoid a large decline, it has to show a large increase on OW (thinking a 40% jump is the realistic target - 140-ish OW with a 2.7x multi would get it close to 380M total, so a single digit % drop from the original, which would not be bad, all things considered). 

I don't see a big increase in Europe (will be curious what effect - if any - Euro 2020 will have, as it's such a different format than before, with it being played across 12 cities in 12 different countries across the continent), but China I think should jump quite a bit (wouldn't be surprised with a bump around 100%) and other Asian and Latin American markets might see a small, 10% jump. So, let's call it 550 OS, for 900-950 WW. 

I think that's a realistic target overall AT THIS STAGE, though of course we are still half a year away, so should the marketing not pick up steam and buzz fails to properly build, then we could be looking at lower openings than anticipated and still nowhere near the legs of the first. 

again: NO ONE had an emotional connection to Wonder Woman outside of the US before the 2017 film.

Im German, love Bats and Sups since I was 7 and I first saw year as a teen on some JL 2003 episodes and truly knew her by 2010?

The first film is so good, so beloved and now on Netflix worldwide.

I stay with my statement: 600 million domestic and 1,3 billion worldwide.

The trailer is great as a tease which is what it was supposed to be. the music pulls you in, you see many interesting places and some cool twists(for the GA): Steve is back, her armor, that we are back on the island.

I cant wait.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

57 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I roll my eyes so hard when I visit this forum...

anyway

WB wasn’t won the year since 2014, and DC hasn’t won the year since 2008.

2020 will change both of those.

You were spot on about the first movie, even after the opening weekend when almost everyone doubted you. Cochofiles was also on the bandwagon before it left the station. This time, I hope your instincts are right again. I have no idea what this one will do. However, I am very pleased with the trailer and the reaction to it. I am not worried about the trailer views. I think to date, the first Comic Con WW trailer has 30 million views. This one will likely surpass it. I don’t think WW metrics are entirely similar to other CM. 

• Like 1

The first one was a WOM hit. The sequel will benefit from that. That's what usually happens. I see a big increase in Latin America. Europe - the Euro Football Championship will pose a problem, but WW targets mostly women, so it shouldn't see a massive drop.

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

I roll my eyes so hard when I visit this forum...

anyway

WB wasn’t won the year since 2014, and DC hasn’t won the year since 2008.

2020 will change both of those.

Technically they won DOM 2017

Wonder Woman had no hype....  how quickly we forget.   People on here were expecting maybe $75M OW and some thought even less.  $100M was the absolute best possible scenario and then it ended up doing a shade over that which everyone thought was a huge win for it.  

Nobody expected what was to come.  Why?  Again.. because there was no hype at all.  WB was already shifting gears in the DCEU,  Snyder appeared to be on the way out,  all those stories were out there.  

In a way,  Wonder Woman saved WB and DC and started the run they are on now.   Also,  what competition is this even going to have?  BW is out a month prior and I can tell you right now Fast & Furious 9 has no hype domestically.   Sadly,  it's a fading franchise here in the states. 

Mulan,  BW and No Time to Die all come out back to back to back well before WW84 is in theaters.   Is Top Gun going to set the world on fire? 

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I think to date, the first Comic Con WW trailer has 30 million views. This one will likely surpass it. I don’t think WW metrics are entirely similar to other CM. 

Won't make 30 million views, at least not without a bump after the movie coming out.

Right now I wonder if it will even pass BoP's 19 million.

Not saying it will correlate at all with box office but it is surprising to me that it's getting less views than the first movie's trailers had (and 30 million in 2017 was much better than 30 million in 2019). I don't think anyone can deny it's strange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUndertaker said:

Won't make 30 million views, at least not without a bump after the movie coming out.

Not saying it will correlate at all with box office but it is surprising to me that it's getting less views than the first movie's trailers had (and 30 million in 2017 was much better than 30 million in 2019). I don't think anyone can deny it's strange.

BOP trailer has been out for like 2 months and has 19m views. WW has been out for less then 48 hours and has 12m views. Some of you guys need to relax. On twitter WW84 already has 2m more views and double the likes of BOP already. I’m not saying numbers are fantastic or anything but you guys are freaking out over nothing. 

Just now, cax16 said:

BOP trailer has been out for like 2 months and has 19m views. WW has been out for less then 48 hours and has 12m views. Some of you guys need to relax. On twitter WW84 already has 2m more views and double the likes of BOP already. I’m not saying numbers are fantastic or anything but you guys are freaking out over nothing. 

BoP had 18m after just a couple of weeks or less. I've been monitoring the trend and WW is going for something like that its first full week. It will probably pass BoP and cross 20 million but not much more than that for a long time.

4 minutes ago, TheUndertaker said:

BoP had bad numbers at first, below 10M the first week; you're comparing to WW84 after less than 2 days. It will easily reach 20M, a level that can mean anything for the box office since the correlation is far from perfect.

May i point out that The Mummy 2017 first trailer has more views and likes than Wonder Woman 2017? We know how that ended up.

I think the second trailer is way more relevant. Wonder Woman 2017 kept about the same number of views/likes, while The Mummy 2017 dropped considerably.   Second trailer will tell the story imo,

Edited by Alli

2 minutes ago, AndyK said:

After seeing the trailer, does anyone still think this is going to be a camp fest?

Uhhh, yeah. Trailers don’t necessarily indicate level of camp. Somebody who’s seen all 160 minutes would have a much better idea.