kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

June still seems good to me. Should hopefully die down by then. WW84 has the potential to be the first blockbuster out after this. Movies have always been there to distract and comfort.

If not, December is a great date. No matter what happens, this is going to make 1 billion. No release date is going to change that.

• Like 1

After seeing all the stuff happen all over the world, all the shutdowns, sports and event cancelations I would prefer to see this move to another spot. I think people will still be nervous to go to movies in June. It’s going to be awhile for this situation to settle down and going out to movies/restaurants etc is the last thing on peoples minds imo. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

June still seems good to me. Should hopefully die down by then. WW84 has the potential to be the first blockbuster out after this. Movies have always been there to distract and comfort.

If not, December is a great date. No matter what happens, this is going to make 1 billion. No release date is going to change that.

December is predicted to be the peak of the outbreak.

It's the worse possible date.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

One model, so far without peer review.

However, if proven accurate, my main takeaway from that is it could become a regular seasonal occurrence. If that's the case and all models point to that by summer, worldwide policy will change and this will no longer be treated as the fucking plague, but rather the flu. A few more strict measures for the season for the elderly, before an effective vaccine is developed for large scale distribution before 2021 season, but otherwise business as usual - including leisure activities. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

One model, so far without peer review.

However, if proven accurate, my main takeaway from that is it could become a regular seasonal occurrence. If that's the case and all models point to that by summer, worldwide policy will change and this will no longer be treated as the fucking plague, but rather the flu. A few more strict measures for the season for the elderly, before an effective vaccine is developed for large scale distribution before 2021 season, but otherwise business as usual - including leisure activities. 

This only happens when significantly more people develop immunity against it, i.e. after it kills all the weak.

The main reason I think this will be delayed to December in the Dune spot is marketing. The Pandemic has made it so that marketing efforts won't hit their targets with the news being focused on Corona. Also, no releases before this means that nothing to attach the trailer to, and most audiences only see trailers in theaters.

Even if things are back to normal in late May, there's no promotional support for the release.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The main reason I think this will be delayed to December in the Dune spot is marketing. The Pandemic has made it so that marketing efforts won't hit their targets with the news being focused on Corona. Also, no releases before this means that nothing to attach the trailer to, and most audiences only see trailers in theaters.

Even if things are back to normal in late May, there's no promotional support for the release.

This!  I know Top Gun 2 was supposed to have its final trailer with Black Widow. And BW will definitely get delayed. Whoever thinks TG2 will release this summer, is crazy. Paramount had a year long campaign for that movie, they stay losing.  I can't see anything releasing until september