kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

47 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Principal photography wrapped up in December 2018 and Patty Jenkins did claim last December that the movie was more or less finished. 

Reshoots were in July 2019, still seems way too tight a schedule.

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This will blow up when it opens if it opens on time 

Unfortunately, the odds of it meeting its current release date are looking less likely now. Still, it would be pretty awesome if this ended up being the first real big release in two months. 

24 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This will blow up when it opens if it opens on time 

Yes it would.1B would be a lock and, I’ll be damned but maybe even 1.5B would be possible.But it’s highly unlikely that this stays put.And then we have to consider even people will be ready to go sit indoors with 500 other people.

4 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Why WB chose Dune over this for Christmas baffles me to this day. Especially after Aquaman 

Because Wonder Woman was already closed to finishing/finished production and was slated to come out late 2019. 

But now it might come out in December.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Why WB chose Dune over this for Christmas baffles me to this day. Especially after Aquaman 

Because the first WW was a massive hit in the summer, and Dune is a riskier tentpole that would benefit from holiday space? Also because this was originally scheduled for last November, before Coronavirus they were never gonna push it back 13 months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, belblazer said:

October is becoming a classic month for WB. They are coming from Blade Runner 2049, A Star is Born and Joker and I can see Tenet here. The Batman can move to the halloween weekend next year also.

And WW84 will probably steal Dune's slot in December.

I think In the Heights is moving to October, not Tenet. In the Heights will also get a film fest premiere like A Star is Born, Joker, and Gravity.