kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

34 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

They have a spot saved in December for Dune which has IMAX. All it takes is one switch.

I don't believe that WB wants to move DUNE from December. They moved DUNE from Nov to Dec for a reason. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, meridan said:

I don't believe that WB wants to move DUNE from December. They moved DUNE from Nov to Dec for a reason. 

They moved it there because Avatar left. Now that summer 2020 is practically over, a lot of blockbusters is gonna be pushed back. WB should put WW84 there before it’s late.

Here our government is actively asking celebrity of all field to do that kind of stuff to reach younger audience to promote lockdown among them. Could be the same by other government around the world I would imagine, you can do it while still doing this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-ryan-reynolds-blake-lively-feeding-america-food-banks-canada-a9407676.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/03/17/coronavirus-justin-bieber-ryan-reynolds-blake-lively-more-donate/5066392002/

Fallon for example made a donation to feeding america early this week.

The level of faux outrage is quite something.

45 minutes ago, meridan said:

Yeah but between it and WW84, the latter has a much stronger box office potential, so if push comes to shove, which I think it’s likely, WW84 will take Christmas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah but between it and WW84, the latter has a much stronger box office potential, so if push comes to shove, which I think it’s likely, WW84 will take Christmas.

This is predicted to come back strong next winter, I wouldn't be surprised at it moving to next June.

Certainly if they take it off the books, it won't have a new release date assigned for a while, just like BW.

Moving the film to streaming only would be a completely unprecedented decision and may be the dagger for theater chains if WW84 is successful on streaminhg, but I don’t think they are gonna do it because there is too much money on the line especially when they can release WW84 in December and move Dune to another release date. 

depending on how long this coronavirus lasts, it may eventually be wise just to release it on streaming, especially if it goes on past July or August 

I don't think it's moving to streaming, but the fact that they even talk about it is crazy. This is a huge movie.

Best case scenario is a move to Christmas time. That's the soonest i see it landing in cinemas. If not, next summer.

A realistic, slightly pessimistic prediction is that the pandemic will last 18 months. If theaters do stay closed for that long in much of the world, I can see studios releasing movies online one way or another - even their potential biggest blockbusters like WW84.

It is too early to know, but it wouldn't be surprising if these "conversations" have started already. It wouldn't only affect this movie.

• Disbelief 1

Warner President of Domestic Distribution Jeff Goldstein told TheWrap that there have not been any streaming discussions. “We’re looking to release the movie theatrically, that’s our plan,” he said. An individual close to the film confirmed that Jenkins has had no discussions with the studio about a streaming option.

Roven also dismissed the idea of a streaming-only release. “It’s ludicrous if you consider how big a movie this is,” he said in an interview. “Everybody recognizes that, as interesting as streaming might be, if you want a huge, global worldwide box office, you’ve got to release it in a movie theater.”

Edited by belblazer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3