kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

19 minutes ago, belblazer said:

WB must be pretty confident that the things will be over by July but I can't see this opening in August. I think they will delay again to October or December.

I think we can expect the second trailer soon if they want to keep with this date then.

No trailer till Tenet, if it releases on schedule. Gives them 3 months to move it again if needed.

• Like 2

The move to June made perfect sense, once Star Wars moved. At that time, there was no indication that SW9 was going to underperform. But even with that underperformance, and even if Jumanji hadn't moved, SW9 was still a $500m DOM film, which is a lot of competition. Whereas June was an exceptional date, with relatively weak competition.

August feels optimistic, to me. There is little indication that things will be settled by then, especially nationally. The only two effective tools we have at the moment are testing and isolation. The US is lagging badly in the first, and there are many indications that the latter is not going to be universal nor held long enough.

However, they can always move it again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was gonna say it was more a WB thing but the last two Planet of the Apes movies did have about a year of post-production. But on the other hand, I think that had more to do with the intense visual effects than the time Reeves needed to edit. I think Reeves could finish post-prod on a less CGI heavy film like this in like 10-8 months.

Yeah, I seem to recall that TDK and TDKR both had about 7 or 8 months of post, so its definitely doable.

Probably won't take as long to film as either of those too given it already completed about 2+ months worth of work and isn't shooting in a lot of different parts of the world. 

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t. It’s just the pessimist in me. 

Anyway, it’s bold of WB to assume that this whole thing will blow over by August, but we’ll see.

Just because movie theaters will reopen does not necessary mean there will be no more cases by then. China has begun to reopen theaters and there are still new cases here and there. you would have to be an extreme pessimist to think that it will still be at a high by August. 

• Like 1

Just now, doublejack said:

This will move to 2012 eventually, I believe. It will definitely move out of the August slot. I don't see that happening at all.

They'll retroactively release this 8 years ago?

1 hour ago, doublejack said:

This will move to 2021 eventually, I believe. It will definitely move out of the August slot. I don't see that happening at all.

Based on how Trump is fucking it up, I can see most of the US get infected by end of May and the whole thing calmsing down by the end of June.

Edited by lorddemaxus

20 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Yeah, August is way too early even with a grand reopening! We don't even have a timetable on when we can go back to work, nevermind going back to spend (too much) money at theaters! They're gonna have to give us a massive discount with the grand reopening!

Don't worry, our grandparents will sacrifice themselves just so we can see Diana save the economy ASAP. Thanks, Dan Patrick!

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Don't worry, our grandparents will sacrifice themselves just so we can see Diana save the economy ASAP. Thanks, Dan Patrick!

Pretty sure our grandparents were a big factor in the first films success.

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Pretty sure our grandparents were a big factor in the first films success.

Speaking of which, it’s still pretty fascinating to look at the demographics of people who saw the first one in theaters. The audience was not only older than what you’d typically see from a superhero movie, but it was more female skewing than something like CM, and it wasn’t even marketed as an especially feminist movie. 

In hindsight, considering how unusual the audience for the movie was, it’s not surprising that the success of the movie didn’t carry over to JL. A lot of the people who saw WW weren’t the people who typically show up for superhero movies. 

• Like 1

This has all kinds of release date slots they can play with this! August 14th is so far a solid release date. However, all of September and early October looks solid as well for this! 

December 11 or 25 would be one as well! Like maybe December 16 or 18th. If this moves to 2021 February 12th or something. But time will tell on this.