kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

2 minutes ago, belblazer said:

June. please.

The Suicide Squad in October and The Batman in December.

This is what I’m expecting to happen if things don’t improve in the US. Especially because Black Adam isn’t going to release in December. They just have to make this moves soon so the slots don’t fill up. 

It's so funny, cause the movie initial release date was December and later November 2019. Warner pushed it to June 2020 and now they've lost potential $1 billion grosser (I don't think now WW84 will get that).

So Disney just pushed back avatar and all Star Wars movies by a year. WB should shift these movies around now, move this to sometime early next year and I guess they could leave TSS and I would put Batman at Xmas. 

On 7/29/2020 at 6:23 PM, Maggie said:

So, is WB gonna send WW84 do die like they will do with Tenet?

I’d bet a large sum of money on them bumping it to that Thanksgiving slot that they accidentally used on social media a few months back.

If Tenet underperforms, they aren’t going to be in a hurry to sacrifice their biggest film.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:23 AM, Maggie said:

So, is WB gonna send WW84 do die like they will do with Tenet?

Tenet will be a test run. They will look at how it does OW Domestically and go from there. Actually, I think the plan is to move it no matter what, but WB won't announce the move until after Tenet because moving it now will show that WB has no faith in the virus situation and will make all the harder to get more theaters to play Tenet and by that I mean convince governments to open theaters in September. Also, if the move 84, chains will see that Tenet is pretty much a sacrifice and WB isn't being serious and will have less incentive to open up because who wants to open up for one movie and then close down a month later because Tenet is the only thing making any money at all when you have to pay employees, electricity, etc.

Edited by CloneWars