google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I say just let the thing come out in December, and if it flops, oh well. 

That's not how the industry works...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Safeno Rdz said:

That's not how the industry works...

I mean, isn’t that more or less what WB did with Tenet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder Woman One was, domestically, the highest grossing WB movie of the last eight years. Sure, they'll throw the sequel under the bus just to see what happens.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

Wonder Woman One was, domestically, the highest grossing WB movie of the last eight years. Sure, they'll throw the sequel under the bus just to see what happens.

Well, Tenet was directed by the guy responsible for WB’s two biggest domestic hits of all time, but I guess that’s not quite an apples to apples comparison. 
 

Fine, point taken, but if these delays keep up, this movie is going to become the new New Mutants. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every movie is new mutants now (except new mutants)

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Well, Tenet was directed by the guy responsible for WB’s two biggest domestic hits of all time, but I guess that’s not quite an apples to apples comparison. 
 

Fine, point taken, but if these delays keep up, this movie is going to become the new New Mutants. 

That's not a relevant comparison at all. The fact is that Tenet was at best an unknown prospect and at worst an expected flop.

WW84 is a known entity, they know it will be a huge success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avatree said:

That's not a relevant comparison at all. The fact is that Tenet was at best an unknown prospect and at worst an expected flop.

WW84 is a known entity, they know it will be a huge success.

I said the comparison wasn’t apples to apples, but regardless, Tenet is a big budget action thriller that’s directed by one of the most bankable filmmakers at the moment. It’s not like it was something that people were writing off as a flop before it was released. 
 

Also, there’s no way of knowing how much of a success WW84 will be. It probably won’t make as much in North America as the first one, and overseas seems like it could go either way. Still, I realize that WB will want the movie to be as successful as possible, otherwise it probably would’ve already come out this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This needs to move soon, and the reason is that the longer this stays on the calendar, the less leverage theater chains have to negotiate better terms with their landlords. The landlords are like, hey, a movie is coming out, guess what you need to pay. I don't know. I'm just pulling ideas out of my ass. Anyway, this is going to move. 2020 is done, done, done.

  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, isn’t that more or less what WB did with Tenet?

Yes...which is why everyone else is moving, based primarily on US box office (or lack thereof).  And now Europe looks to be in trouble again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WB should take the Jurassic world slot now for this next June 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cax16 said:

WB should take the Jurassic world slot now for this next June 

I'd honestly rather have them move Dune to this spot and move The Batman back to October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'd honestly rather have them move Dune to this spot and move The Batman back to October. 

Maybe reeves wanted the extra time and wanted the move 2022? We don’t really know any of the circumstances tbh. 
 

Im probably just being selfish cause I wanna watch ww84 in theatres and probably June of next year would be the earliest I would even consider going back. 

Edited by cax16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we know nothing big is going to get dumped in December anymore and I can't imagine things in the first half of 2021 even maintain their release dates. Folks have just been conditioned that movie theatres are ridiculous virus hot zones and no matter how much social distance or sanitation and cleaning nobody is going if even allowed to in some states. 

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When she says it's not going to streaming, does she mean it's not going only to streaming? In this tweet is she confirming it's going to theaters and PVOD on the same day?

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disadvantage of being the last one to leave: all the good parking spots are taken. June is most likely but it's hardly ideal in a very crowded summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Disadvantage of being the last one to leave: all the good parking spots are taken. June is most likely but it's hardly ideal in a very crowded summer.

Now that Jurassic World has moved, June looks light.  Way better spot than July

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.