Jump to content
kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Pretty obvious that's what AT&T is hoping for

 

WB suits must be pissed. Spent 200m+ only to have their new boss come in and use said 200m+ as an ad for their streaming service lol

They should be pissed at themselves for moving it to Xmas instead of just staying with the October date.  No one at the studios wanted to have the hard conversations until now and they are just starting to grasp there is no coming back to pre Covid.  With todays covid package talks don't be surprised to see even more moves towards streaming.  Theaters are not getting stimulus and there is no hint at all they will get one after inauguration either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jimisawesome said:

They should be pissed at themselves for moving it to Xmas instead of just staying with the October date.  No one at the studios wanted to have the hard conversations until now and they are just starting to grasp there is no coming back to pre Covid.  With todays covid package talks don't be surprised to see even more moves towards streaming.  Theaters are not getting stimulus and there is no hint at all they will get one after inauguration either.

They should've just released it in late 2019. The decision to move it to 2020 gets more idiotic as time passes

  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

They should've just released it in late 2019. The decision to move it to 2020 gets more idiotic as time passes

Hindsight is... 20/20 

 

*Okay in all seriousness though, how were they to predict this first of a kind incident since the dawn of movie theatres? The way they saw it, WW84's legs would be cut by Frozen 2 and SW9 and more importantly, it was too close to Joker. June 2020 seemed like the perfect summer date, taking the same spot as the previous film. In some ways, Joker's win turned out to be WW84's loss.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone catch this bit?  Don't think it was posted here...

 

In the case of “Wonder Woman 1984,” insiders say that Gadot and director Patty Jenkins received generous backend deals after agreeing to send the film to HBO Max.

 

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/coronavirus-movie-theaters-release-dates-1234842520/

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hindsight is... 20/20 

 

*Okay in all seriousness though, how were they to predict this first of a kind incident since the dawn of movie theatres? The way they saw it, WW84's legs would be cut by Frozen 2 and SW9 and more importantly, it was too close to Joker. June 2020 seemed like the perfect summer date, taking the same spot as the previous film. In some ways, Joker's win turned out to be WW84's loss.

They should’ve just kept the December date. The third Jumanji film did fine in that spot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Anyone catch this bit?  Don't think it was posted here...

 

In the case of “Wonder Woman 1984,” insiders say that Gadot and director Patty Jenkins received generous backend deals after agreeing to send the film to HBO Max.

 

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/coronavirus-movie-theaters-release-dates-1234842520/

She's def making bank.

 

https://deadline.com/2020/12/gal-gadot-heart-of-stone-female-007-skydance-media-spy-franchise-1234636427/

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

These definitely seem good, but initial social media reactions are good so reliably that it’s hard to draw too much in the way of conclusions. We should get reviews soonish.

Ya, anyone who follows these movies knows studios always send these to certain outlets first who will mostly praise.
 

I’m sure I’ll love this either way as I loved the first Wonder Woman but I would be shocked to see these raves all around. Not saying it will get “bad” reviews but we always have to a be a bit suspect to these “first” reactions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.