kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is it worth bringing up that ViewerAnon has a hot take about the early responses to this movie? 

That’s already been deleted from this thread. I’m sure there will

be many who like the movie and many that won’t.

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That’s already been deleted from this thread. I’m sure there will

be many who like the movie and many that won’t.

I just wish we could go more than one DC film without this whole routine. It seems like the only one in the last decade that’s managed to avoid the “is it bad?” panic is Shazam!, and even then, people were freaking out about its box office performance. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I just wish we could go more than one DC film without this whole routine. It seems like the only one in the last decade that’s managed to avoid the “is it bad?” panic is Shazam!, and even then, people were freaking out about its box office performance. 

It is what it is. It’s not gonna change cause the other franchise has been so successful. 

22 minutes ago, shawntyrel said:

I was expecting bad reactions, they said that the leaked script was a mess

"They" was one person who got his info from some guy on r/DCEULeaks who attended a test screening nearly 2 years ago and posted about it.

Edited by BeastByTheBay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shawntyrel said:

I was expecting bad reactions, they said that the leaked script was a mess

Even if true, it could have been an early version, whatever.  Scripts are not movies, thankfully.  Though the argument is generally there that you can't make a good movie out of a bad script, yes...  But Patty Jenkins proved herself well with the first film, and I see no reason to believe that won't be the case here.  

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Once they get a long enough streak without the answer being “it was bad” I think we’ll be able to avoid the “is it bad?” routine.     

I dunno exactly what will be “long enough,” but if WW84+Suicide Squad+Batman are all certified fresh that might do it.

2 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Once they get a long enough streak without the answer being “it was bad” I think we’ll be able to avoid the “is it bad?” routine.     

Is 4 films not a long enough streak? Most of the "is it bad?" skepticism here seems to be because of the plot leaks.

• Like 1

I don’t buy into any idea about this being a “bad” movie. Maybe not as good as the first, maybe it’s an average comic book movie but bad, sorry don’t buy that either way. 

Also, there’s a lot of very average comic book movies around that lots of people love. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is 4 films not a long enough streak? Most of the "is it bad?" skepticism here seems to be because of the plot leaks.

I think leaks are exacerbating things in this particular case (certainly they contribute to my personal skepticism) but 4 isn’t really that long of a streak. It’s enough to avoid an assumption of being bad, but not quite enough to generate a strong assumption of being not bad.     

Also, to be clear, I dunno if (many) people are really worried that it will be straight up an actually bad movie. More that it might land in the “disappointing follow-up, passable enough” range.

• Like 2

Happy with the reactions. Hoping for 80%+ on RT.

People simply can't believe that a DC film was enjoyed by most of people and the reactions are genuine after all these years. The Snyder trauma needs to leave the room and also there is too much credit on some people downplaying this movie for ages and working hard to make the "I haven't seen it yet but I know someone who did..." happen.

But we will see in 10 days.

2 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

I think leaks are exacerbating things in this particular case (certainly they contribute to my personal skepticism) but 4 isn’t really that long of a streak. It’s enough to avoid an assumption of being bad, but not quite enough to generate a strong assumption of being not bad.     

Also, to be clear, I dunno if (many) people are really worried that it will be straight up an actually bad movie. More that it might land in the “disappointing follow-up, passable enough” range.

I think this is the main thing that’s worrying people cause expectations are so high from the first movie.

Personally for me since I loved the first one I wasn’t expecting this to be better(or even come close tbh) cause the first was almost perfect for me, I just wanna see something enjoyable and continue the franchise. 

• Like 1