kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

56 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It does really suck that we got robbed of a good boxoffice run here, espescially if reception actually ends up being similar to the first film.

On the plus side, no body can judge it on box office receipts when it comes to green lighting WW3.

5 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

I don't want Disney to own WB and I would rather DC not split from Warnermedia because they the perfect structure for these characters, it's just WarnerMedia is owned by idiots.

That’s the biggest issue, I don’t know how anything gets better till AT&T is out of the picture.

But anyways, I’ve done enough complaining this week. I don’t care about WW84 box office anymore cause WB doesn’t care so I’ll just enjoy the movie on Xmas with my family. 

I’m hoping for the best for future dc movies but I’m not feeling great atm.

Edited by cax16

In all seriousness... DC is WB's biggest brand - the one with the most potential. But the WB back catalogue is tremendous. So would DC be sold off separately from the studio? Doubtful. And I don't see how Disney or Comcast would get the green light from regulators to buy WB. 

If AT&T sells, it's probably the whole studio, and it will be to a tech company or media conglomerate not currently holding a studio. Which isn't a bad thing in itself. Nor is a pivot to streaming. But, again, it had to be done smartly and not overnight. Completely new management is needed, with a proper strategy. 

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Disney $130bn, AT&T $266bn.

I thought Disney was worth like 300b, I thought I read that after the investors day last week, but maybe that was something to do with stock prices, this isn’t stuff I follow much. 

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I thought Disney was worth like 300b, I thought I read that after the investors day last week, but maybe that was something to do with stock prices, this isn’t stuff I follow much. 

I just cursory google and thats what it came up with.

Anyway, I doubt competition laws would allow takeovers like that.

18 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Disney has a bigger market cap after the recent stock surge, but AT&T had a larger market cap as recently as August. They’re in approximately the same size tier by that metric.

I think the key point is current market conditions make it impossible for AT&T to buy Disney. However Disney would never buy AT&T, that's like buying a flaming dumpster fire.