kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I don’t think it’ll be making any bank. Last weekends #1 made £44k. 

Basically no Scotland, no Ireland and a small amount of English cinemas. I’m just glad I get to see it. I think the plan is to go to sky box office on the 16th January. Then I’m guessing disc in March? 

We have the lowest IR in the UK @ 30/100k yet our local cinema is closed (Cineworld).

So I'm popping on a ferry across to Southampton, they have a Showcase cinema with Xplus screens which are showing it.

The great thing about Showcase CInemas is that they have well spaced electric recliners seats with walls between rows, so there is plenty of space for social distancing built in as standard.

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

We have the lowest IR in the UK @ 30/100k yet our local cinema is closed (Cineworld).

So I'm popping on a ferry across to Southampton, they have a Showcase cinema with Xplus screens which are showing it.

The great thing about Showcase CInemas is that they have well spaced electric recliners seats with walls between rows, so there is plenty of space for social distancing built in as standard.

Yeh I’ve been to a Showcase a few times during lockdown, the recliners as standard are great. Missing the SuperScreen at Cineworld but have heard they’re not planning to open until May. 

41 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I’ve been to a Showcase a few times during lockdown, the recliners as standard are great. Missing the SuperScreen at Cineworld but have heard they’re not planning to open until May. 

Showcase is really good. Only been a handful of times but comfortable and nice atmosphere, screens seem to be well maintained too unlike cineworld.

I'm glad you mentioned Showcase, I forgot there is one near me, might use it now that my Unlimited subscription is unavailable. Thanks!

And no, I don't imagine Cineworld will reopen any time soon. If they didn't think Christmas/WonderWoman was worth opening for, I can't see why they would open before Bond in April (if it stays in April).

Cineworld is probably right to stay closed. There's currently a total of 5 tickets for Wonder Woman throughout the day tomorrow that have been sold at my local multiplex.

I went to see Die Hard on Friday night and every time before it's been packed; this year, I was the only person in the screening.

It's sad but its just how it is at the moment. I cannot imagine that most cinemas that have re-opened are turning a profit.

I'm surprised that so many have reopened.

Edited by Avatree

3 minutes ago, belblazer said:

It's clear that they don't care about box office at this point, only about subs for HBO Max.

It will bomb but doesn't deserve any judgment.

This is true to some degree but in places that are open fully we have to pay attention for future movies. 

For example, China pre-sales are really bad so it looks like it won’t have a good run there, and Chinas box office has been very good the last few months. 

So WB will have to pay attention to that if this hbomax thing + international release is their plan for after 2021 also. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This is true to some degree but in places that are open fully we have to pay attention for future movies. 

For example, China pre-sales are really bad so it looks like it won’t have a good run there, and Chinas box office has been very good the last few months. 

So WB will have to pay attention to that if this hbomax thing + international release is their plan for after 2021 also. 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the low China pre-sales are related to the fact that they know that a perfect 4K rip will be available on the 25th...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the low China pre-sales are related to the fact that they know that a perfect 4K rip will be available on the 25th...

Maybe, can’t say for sure. But wouldn’t that be the same issue going forward with their plan for hbomax next year. It basically eliminates the whole China box office for all of next year. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fielding said:

Don't usually care for her opinions, but from what I've seen this is going to be a very emotional experience. Can't wait!

Well my gf saw it a couple of hours ago and in between her "it was great" and her "i saw it first sucker" she did mention a couple of times that it was "heartbreaking". She keeps repeating that she is not gonna tell me anything but joke's on her because I have read partly the leaked plot :sparta::whosad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://open.spotify.com/episode/50QuuIczQvz4fwbeagfl2s?si=iq4armX_SGimGgHWUD50Wg

Patty interview where she talks about the movie, Wonder Woman 3 and Justice League:

-WB found the runtime too long in January and she cut a few scenes. She finished the movie completely when the pandemic started.

-She said she would like the film to be 20 minutes longer, not with new scenes but with scenes in the actual movie.

-The christmas scenes were almost cut, but Gal's family and Patty's son are in this and they cried seeing the scene.

-Justice League contradicts both first film and WW84. She didn't changed the outfit because she respects Snyder work.

-There is a story for WW3, she created it with Geoff (like WW and WW84) but she didn't decided about it yet because she wants to see how people reacts to the current situation in the world so it can inspire her on the events of the film.

1 minute ago, antovolk said:

Cinemas in London closing from midnight Tuesday going into Wednesday (opening day)

Yes I understand that, but what do you mean by "PVOD has to be announced"? Isn't WW84 getting simultaneous VOD and cinema release anyway?

WW84 is still gonna be released in much of the UK theatrically.

33 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Well my gf saw it a couple of hours ago and in between her "it was great" and her "i saw it first sucker" she did mention a couple of times that it was "heartbreaking". She keeps repeating that she is not gonna tell me anything but joke's on her because I have read partly the leaked plot :sparta::whosad:

She prefer this one or the first one?

23 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Yes I understand that, but what do you mean by "PVOD has to be announced"? Isn't WW84 getting simultaneous VOD and cinema release anyway?

Much of the UK is in Tier 3 following this announcement, so no cinemas. At this rate the only place showing it will be Cornwall.

Ive noticed that Nightflix Drive In are showing it from Boxing Day though for those who are willing to brave sitting in a car to watch it during a UK winter (make sure those windscreen wipers are prepared to be on for 3 hours!). Apparently Drive Ins are exempt from Tier 3 rules regarding cinemas too so they can remain open.

Edited by SnokesLegs

48 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Pay per view on SKY TV.

There is deal to show it on SKY Cinema in January. Hopefully, they pull it forward like they did in Canada.

• Like 1