kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

IGN said it’s better than the first film too. That’s surprising. 

In my eyes it can’t be surpassed lol

Good reviews so far. Hope it continues, but they will make me even madder at AT&T. They just threw this movie away, as they did their entire 2021 slate. I want to see this at the movies and will look for drive ins to see it on the big screen. Movies theaters are closed on the entire northeast of the US. 

Reviews generally don’t matter to me, I’m

normally only interested in them to see how it affects the box office performance and if that will lead to another movie I wanna see.

So I’m not sure reviews matter much at this point but it seems like it will maybe land around 75-85 with a 6.5-7 rating?

I think reviews are gonna be rolling in for a while cause not that many people have seen this. I’ve seen a lot of pissed off sites complaining they couldn’t get screeners.

WB did a terrible job getting people excited for this anywhere.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think MCU have scenes this lame, or atleast they don't do it now, especially for a god figure. May be someone grounded like Ant-Man & Spider-Man can do this but then also you have to do that well.

I honestly cannot tell a difference between this clip and an average MCU film (or well, most superhero films tbh) lol. They're all bland, boring action sequences. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not that many reviews for the first half hour of a blockbuster superhero sequel. Harder to get as many critics seeing the movie in these conditions I suppose.

Seems like things are coming in maybe a half standard deviation or so better than I expected, but I’m a bit bummed because they appear to reinforce that I personally am unlikely to like it that much. Not really a fan of Donner Superman or that style of earnest optimistic campy stuff.

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Have to say that this scene kinda lessened my excitement. Still very excited but it is something that belongs to mcu. Like there is nothing wrong with it but the campy feel is their region and DC should strive for a different feel.

This looks nothing like the MCU? It looks like genuine camp not ironic sarcastic goofiness. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Remember the academy "owes" Wonder Woman and this year they will need as much help they can get. If someone like freaking Zimmer gets "among his best scores" notices for this one can see an upset coming.

Genuine question, why does the Academy “owe” Wonder Woman? I love the film but it was hardly a film that was going to sweep the Oscars.

• Like 2