kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This clip is beautiful and legit made me tear up, but doesn't young Diana's participation in the tournament contradict the first film? Also, where are the overweight and otherwise aesthetically unconventional Amazons? 

Edited by Fielding

23 minutes ago, Fielding said:

This clip is beautiful and legit made me tear up, but doesn't young Diana's participation in the tournament contradict the first film? Also, where are the overweight and otherwise aesthetically unconventional Amazons? 

Are there overweight Amazons in the first one? I know some of them are pretty muscular looking, but I don’t remember any of them being plus-sized. 

Will be so interesting to see how this movie performs. All the people I've asked about this movie (also all were surprised it's coming out - so the marketing needs to do better!) were really excited/keen when I told them it's coming out in a week.

I think we're going to have quite a few people just excited for a movie experience again which will help.

• Like 1

Lots of complaints in many of the “positive” reviews, more than usual.

Way too long
Bad VFX
Convoluted and messy plot
Disappointing 3rd act/Climax

More or less like the first movie . I'm hyped but think critics are going a bit soft on this one simply because it’s providing escapism at the end of a bad year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Way too long
Bad VFX

More or less like the first movie . I'm hyped but think critics are going a bit soft on this one simply because it’s providing escapism at the end of a bad year.

Is this the first time you've read positive reviews for a superhero movie lol?

WB is granting any open US movie theater 1st rights to show the movie.  My cheap-o will have it at cheap-o prices on Dec 25...

Even with HBO Max, I'm giving serious thought to giving my cheap-o some much needed funds b/c it's $24 for 6 people for a 1st day showing...with $3 popcorn:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Way too long
Bad VFX

This happens all the time to other movies in other circumstances , it’s not some unique thing to covid. 

Just look at metacritic and you’ll see this movie isn’t doing as well with critics over all. All that 89 ( or whatever number it is now)on RT means is more people think it’s enjoyable then not. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

A couple of the reviews do mention how the smaller scale on TV seemed to impact their enjoyment of the movie, which makes sense to me.  It is what it is, but something like that probably does suffer a lot from being examined from your sofa instead of in a darkened theater with a huge screen and excited audience.  The vibe is very much not the same. I know I've loved things in theaters and then watched them at home and wondered what I had been smoking to make me think the movie was good.  Maybe that's one reason they're a little forgiving on things?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This happens all the time to other movies in other circumstances , it’s not some unique thing to covid. 

Just look at metacritic and you’ll see this movie isn’t doing as well with critics over all. All that 89 ( or whatever number it is now)on RT means is more people think it’s enjoyable then not. 

Wait, what’s wrong with a 67 metacritic score? Some people are really doing the mostest trying to take away the one bright spot for the movie during this entire fiasco created by AT&T. The movie is well received thus far. FULL STOP! 

• Like 5