google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

The virtual live red carpet was a giant flop. Around 900 people were watching it.

 

Bombs away.

 

PS: I will check this out in theaters in India.

On Facebook mine says 625k? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Critics Consensus: Great Hera! Wonder Woman 1984 is an epic dose of heart and vibrant escapism that proves there are still unexpected thrills to be found in superhero cinema.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

 

This clip is beautiful and legit made me tear up, but doesn't young Diana's participation in the tournament contradict the first film? Also, where are the overweight and otherwise aesthetically unconventional Amazons? 

Edited by Fielding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fielding said:

This clip is beautiful and legit made me tear up, but doesn't young Diana's participation in the tournament contradict the first film? Also, where are the overweight and otherwise aesthetically unconventional Amazons? 

Are there overweight Amazons in the first one? I know some of them are pretty muscular looking, but I don’t remember any of them being plus-sized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing about film so far for me is the posters. Absolutely brilliant.

 

 

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be so interesting to see how this movie performs. All the people I've asked about this movie (also all were surprised it's coming out - so the marketing needs to do better!) were really excited/keen when I told them it's coming out in a week.

 

I think we're going to have quite a few people just excited for a movie experience again which will help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really curious to see how this does OW. What are we thinking? Over Tenet? Or not enough theaters at this point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

I’m really curious to see how this does OW. What are we thinking? Over Tenet? Or not enough theaters at this point? 

0.5T

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of complaints in many of the “positive” reviews, more than usual.

Way too long
Bad VFX
Convoluted and messy plot
Disappointing 3rd act/Climax

More or less like the first movie . I'm hyped but think critics are going a bit soft on this one simply because it’s providing escapism at the end of a bad year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wormow said:

Will be so interesting to see how this movie performs.

What would count as 'good' at this point? I mean, it's going to make bugger-all in the UK for instance.

 

 

Edited by Hatebox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lots of complaints in many of the “positive” reviews, more than usual.

Way too long
Bad VFX
Convoluted and messy plot
Disappointing 3rd act/Climax

More or less like the first movie . I'm hyped but think critics are going a bit soft on this one simply because it’s providing escapism at the end of a bad year.

Is this the first time you've read positive reviews for a superhero movie lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WB is granting any open US movie theater 1st rights to show the movie.  My cheap-o will have it at cheap-o prices on Dec 25...

 

Even with HBO Max, I'm giving serious thought to giving my cheap-o some much needed funds b/c it's $24 for 6 people for a 1st day showing...with $3 popcorn:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lots of complaints in many of the “positive” reviews, more than usual.

Way too long
Bad VFX
Convoluted and messy plot
Disappointing 3rd act/Climax

More or less like the first movie . I'm hyped but think critics are going a bit soft on this one simply because it’s providing escapism at the end of a bad year.

This happens all the time to other movies in other circumstances , it’s not some unique thing to covid. 
 

Just look at metacritic and you’ll see this movie isn’t doing as well with critics over all. All that 89 ( or whatever number it is now)on RT means is more people think it’s enjoyable then not. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of the reviews do mention how the smaller scale on TV seemed to impact their enjoyment of the movie, which makes sense to me.  It is what it is, but something like that probably does suffer a lot from being examined from your sofa instead of in a darkened theater with a huge screen and excited audience.  The vibe is very much not the same. I know I've loved things in theaters and then watched them at home and wondered what I had been smoking to make me think the movie was good.  Maybe that's one reason they're a little forgiving on things?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This happens all the time to other movies in other circumstances , it’s not some unique thing to covid. 
 

Just look at metacritic and you’ll see this movie isn’t doing as well with critics over all. All that 89 ( or whatever number it is now)on RT means is more people think it’s enjoyable then not. 

Wait, what’s wrong with a 67 metacritic score? Some people are really doing the mostest trying to take away the one bright spot for the movie during this entire fiasco created by AT&T. The movie is well received thus far. FULL STOP! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.