kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

I was very impressed at the drama tone too. I cried more than once wtf I've never cried seeing a CBM lmao. And the score makes things even more dramatic, romantic and beautiful. It was risky and inventive seeing a CBM like this... and it was GOOD.

And can we praise Gal for making her best performance of her career? Her improvement from the first movie to this is clear.

Edited by belblazer
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, belblazer said:

I was very impressed at the drama tone too. I cried more than once wtf I've never cried seeing a CBM lmao. And the score makes things even more dramatic, romantic and beautiful. It was risky and inventive seeing a CBM like this... and it was GOOD.

And can we praise Gal for making her best performance of her career? Her improvement from the first movie to this is clear.

You didn't cry during No Man's Land? Or Steve's sacrifice?

Anyway, this sounds great! Can't wait to sob!

Edited by Fielding

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Such a reaction is normal for the Chinese audiences! They like seeing a couple of dudes punching the shit out of each other!! This is much more character driven from what I gather and I appreciate it for it.

Chinese market has always had its own reactions to movies no matter how good or bad a movie has done from RT/ rest of the world, especially for DC movies. 

Just look back at Aquaman(291m)and Shazam(under 45m)as well, DC movies just don’t have the following that marvel has there, not much you can do about it. Each movie has to stand on its own there. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Is it true there's a mixed reception?

Nevermind: 88% on RT is great, I've been lied to.

China reception looks more bad than mixed tbh, but it’s not very indicative of the rest of the world’s tastes. See, for example, Shazam and Jumanji:TNL.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 2

This is top tier comic book movie. Ever.

My gf had already set my expectations high for this but holy shit...I was not prepared.  I guess having not seen properly a movie, on the big or small screen, for a long time helped but this is a masterpiece.

Common question first...yes, I think it's better than the original, which is fantastic in its own rights.

To begin with, it was such a ballsy move on Jenkin's part to make a blockbuster that has little action. But this paid off in spades. The film is a character driven, emotionally investing epic. Yet it manages to be epic. It went bigger by going smaller. It's the characters that make it work.  

Before this, I only tested up with The Lion King back when I was 8 or something and with Interstellar. Until now these were the only two movies that achieved this. Now WW84 is only the third one. 

Diana's arc is so powerful and inspiring as it is relatable. There is no mean bone in this movie. No agenda. The love and passion of everyone involved feels like it transcends the screen. I honestly haven't seen a film that feels like the people behind it just wanted to celebrate filmmaking while crafting it.

And Gal Gadot is such a powerhouse in this. It's a demanding role and she did such a terrific job. All her naysayers, even those who remained after the first film, can suck it. She is literally superb in every way.

And the rest of the cast is amazing as well. Steve/Diana remain the top cbm couple to date (imo).

Just a little gripe, I find a thing (it's a spoiler) to be a bit uninspired but it's such minor thing that I rolled my eyes there and just forgot about it.

Also, Zimmer might just be freaking Apollo.

And if you were a fan of No Man's Land, this has two (or three) scenes that are equally powerful and inspiring. Gave me chills and even made me tear up.

9.5/10 fuck can't wait to see it again. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It looks like even under normal circumstances, this probably wasn’t going to outgross the first one worldwide, much less make a billion dollars. It seems like predicting which Hollywood movies are going to do well in China is a crapshoot. 

Joker made 1B without China

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wonder89 said:

Joker made 1B without China

And that was absolutely crazy, but it’s highly unlikely that this movie would’ve had the same luck. Unfortunately, the first movie was not a big hit overseas, and this movie seems to be making even less in China and Japan compared to that one.