kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

6 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Optimistic: BW

Reliaitc: Eternals

Pessimistic: Spider-man

BW has no chance. Too soon.

Eternals will probably be awesome. Chloe Zhao looks to be a fantastic director, but November will see cases of corona spike again like this year

Spiderman same situation as Eternals, only worse

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

BW has no chance. Too soon.

That’s why it’s optimistic. It would need to lean on a breakout in OS markets that are more recovered than US. E.g. 300 China, 450 OS-C, 250 DOM could get it done, but is not very likely.    

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Eternals will probably be awesome. Chloe Zhao looks to be a fantastic director, but November will see cases of corona spike again like this year

Spiderman same situation as Eternals, only worse

This part is just pure nonsense. Corona will be over by Aug or so and not have another wave.

• Like 1

You can check out my posts last year. I said many times that WW2 was not going to match the original in North America. That movie may not have opened huge, but it had great legs and went past 410+. Very few solo superhero movies do that kind of number with first outing. It absolutely peaked or did the best it possibly could have. It had potential to grow in overseas markets, but clearly the audience didn't like it as much as the North Americans did. They just bought into the hype and checked it out. 

Next up Aquaman 2. Will do equal or slightly worse than original no matter what the reviews say. Sherlock Holmes 2/kingsman 2 style.

Edited by marveldcfox

Yeh, BOP was pre-covid. 

We have only 200 cinemas open today in the UK. And they just announced another lockdown so it’ll drop to below 100. 

I’m seeing it today in cinemas thankfully, but even the one I’m going to has to close from the 24th onwards for at least 3 weeks. 

• Sad 1

Just saw it in my local cinema. First movie I've seen in 9 months cause of the closure and the first big movie to be screened since then. Overall , I enjoyed and it's great as a standalone movie. But too bad it's also a sequel to the beautiful WW 2017. I love that movie so much. That's why I also feel some letdown with this. Maybe I expected something great like The first movie. The drama, score, story, spectacular fight and the love story ofc 😍. But.. I don't find anything as good as the 2017 had in this. Worse than the og in all those aspects. Maybe that's why the reviews tend to be mixed. Because people expecting too much and this movie can't meet their excitement eventho it's a great and enjoyable one.

Edited by Claudio
  • Like 2

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Is this film even being marketed in the US? The international numbers so far show that there's a huge marketing and anticipation problem.

No amount of marketing could save this movie in the US and Europe. Most of those countries are closed. My God, why is that so hard for people to grasp?

The decision to sacrifice this movie to streaming was the original sin in this whole fiasco.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

No amount of marketing could save this movie in the US and Europe. Most of those countries are closed. My God, why is that so hard for people to grasp?

The decision to sacrifice this movie to streaming was the original sin in this whole fiasco.  

But without decent marketing, it won't do well on HBO Max either, making this experiment more of a waste than it already was. 

• Like 6

Still wondering WW84 can make 120m worldwide, I wonder how ugly would the headline be if this make less than 100m.

Screw WB to dump WW84, it may not gross 800+m WW under normal circumstance but still may gross around 700m or matching the original one.

Edited by Michael Seng Wah

30 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

But without decent marketing, it won't do well on HBO Max either, making this experiment more of a waste than it already was. 

They are in the US, $17.1m this week on TV ads. Digital campaign seems to be everywhere, maybe cookies cause they know I’m interested lol

Saw the film, in a cinema, I loved it. Lots to process and take in. No spoilers. 

Very emotional at times. They’ve kept the big reveals very well under wraps. 

• Like 7