kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

A Certified Fresh movie or TV season whose score drops and remains consistently below 70% will lose the Certified Fresh designation. The certification removal might not happen as soon as the score drops below 70%; as with CF designation, removal will take place when the score settles.

A movie or TV season that loses Certified Fresh status can regain it by reaching a consistent score of 75% or more and meeting the other minimum requirements.

• Thanks 2

I'm gonna check properly but the 4k bitrate on this thing is around 12.2mbps. Which is the lowest from a major streaming service . Soul is 22mbps over on Disney.

edit: ok so 18mbps seems to be where HBO Max is at for for 4K. Which is on par for most Disney stuff. Higher than Netflix.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

It’s already trending on Twitter, I think this will be good for HBO max

I've been following the hashtag #WonderWoman1984 (yup, no life) and it's getting 15-18 tweets per minute.   But I have no idea how that compares.  At least I'm killing some time!

Edited by MacReady82

32 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Speaking of RT/Metacritic scores....the new George Clooney movie The Midnight Sky is rated too high. Critics are definitely biased in his favor. He's a very likeable guy, but his new movie is trash. What i'm saying is that critics can't be 100% true

It's got like a 53 on Rotten Tomatoes, so they're not exactly thrilled with it either,

• Like 2

We watched it on HBO Max (it was a split decision on seeing it at the theater or on tv...and wind chills won:)...

It was a good movie, but not a great movie:).  Pacing is a little wonky and the movie is a little long...and the ending arc is not set up to be believable, at least not enough to me and the kids (the spouse went for it).

We graded it between A- (spouse) and B- (me).  Very nice movie to watch with a family or group on Christmas...and I loved the ending scene:)...

I'd say more, but then it's spoilers, and well, it's only day 1, even if it is on digital:)...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

That’s based on a Frank Miller comic book, but besides that, Zack Snyder’s critics have a tendency to try and paint him as a far right bigot, which is pretty absurd. Not liking his movies is all well and good. I’m not much of a fan of his movies either, but Breadtubers keep trying to paint him as a “fascist”, while constantly taking things from his movies out of context, or distorting things to fit their argument.

My favorite is when Maggie Mae Fish cited Steve Mnuchin being the executive producer of BvS as “proof” of how politically rightwing the movie is, even though Mnuchin was the executive producer for every WB movie around that time, including The Lego Movie. 

They associate Snyder with the far right because the far right picked him(and DC for whatever reason) as their go to director. I dunno if it’s cause he’s a gymbro or their need to be the underdog.