kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

31 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

They associate Snyder with the far right because the far right picked him(and DC for whatever reason) as their go to director. I dunno if it’s cause he’s a gymbro or their need to be the underdog.

Outside of maybe Armond White, I never got the impression that his movies had a particularly big alt-right following, until people like MovieBob insisted that the Snyder Cut movement was an alt-right harassment campaign. It’s just like how these people began latching on to Joker after all those news outlets and journalists kept calling the movie a “rallying cry for incels”, even though the movie has some leftwing themes. It seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Anyway, the far right doesn’t seem very fond of this movie, what with Maxwell Lord resembling a certain someone. 

Edited by WittyUsername

It was fun.  Definitely went way too far in the cheese aspect, but I liked the characters.  CGI was a mess at times, but still felt like a 6/10, maybe 7/10.

Mid credit scene was fun and I liked the callback to a previous piece by Hans Zimmer in another DCEU movie.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 2

The reviews on Imdb are brutal. People on twitter are not loving it either. Maybe WB made the right decision to send this to Max. Spares them a bigger embarrassment.

However, it doesn't explain why the entire 2021 slate is going straight to streaming. They can't all be bad

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

The reviews on Imdb are brutal. People on twitter are not loving it either. Maybe WB made the right decision to send this to Max. Spares them a bigger embarrassment.

However, it doesn't explain why the entire 2021 slate is going straight to streaming. They can't all be bad

That’s not what I am reading on Twitter. Seem to be a very good amount of good review. I don’t read IMDB anymore. 

It was fantastic! I thought it hit the right emotional tone.

• Like 2

I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt. People who watched it may not necesarrily be fans of CBMs. It's free and all sorts of people will watch it. They may be people who have not payed to see the first movie in the cinema. It's a CBM after all, expectations should be in check.

I'm dying to watch it.

• Like 1

A lot of you guys are ruining the movie for yourselves before you even see it by looking at RT and IMDb etc all day. Just watch it and judge for yourself. 

Haven’t had a chance to watch yet as we were setting up new gaming chairs and the ps5 for the kids.

btw Merry Christmas everyone, hope you’re all having a good day. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

He sampled it at Patty Jenkins' request. They also used it in the first movie.

Do you have a link for this? Not doubting you, I'd like to read more about it because it was almost distracting when I heard it

• Like 1