kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

I think the important thing that made Diana/Steve such a great couple(aside from the actors' undeniable chemistry),and the other couple that were mentioned,is that the directors and wrters didn't forced them into the relationshp but let them evolve into it.Steve and Diana sharing a kiss  at the moment that they did made total sense given what mayhem they were coming from and seeing around them what they achieved together.It's a moment were they both realise that they can trust ach other,fight for each other,they share the same goal...and it maked even more sense when you think that at the begginning of the story these guys turn to each other because they have something to gain.

Most of the times in superhero films the "couple moments" feel unearned and undeserved.The writer give so much time for action sequences or developing characters seperately (and they are right to do so) but they don't take time to develop characters in relation to other characters.Patty did this and worked out in spades.No just with Steve and Diana but also with the rest of the gang and with Hyppolita even mino characters like Antiope and Etta.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I think the important thing that made Diana/Steve such a great couple(aside from the actors' undeniable chemistry),and the other couple that were mentioned,is that the directors and wrters didn't forced them into the relationshp but let them evolve into it.Steve and Diana sharing a kiss  at the moment that they did made total sense given what mayhem they were coming from and seeing around them what they achieved together.It's a moment were they both realise that they can trust ach other,fight for each other,they share the same goal...and it maked even more sense when you think that at the begginning of the story these guys turn to each other because they have something to gain.

Most of the times in superhero films the "couple moments" feel unearned and undeserved.The writer give so much time for action sequences or developing characters seperately (and they are right to do so) but they don't take time to develop characters in relation to other characters.Patty did this and worked out in spades.No just with Steve and Diana but also with the rest of the gang and with Hyppolita even mino characters like Antiope and Etta.

Well to be fair most of the time in these sort of movies......acting chemistry goes a LOOOOONG way. 

(Not to single it out for any agenda reasons but think of DOCTOR STRANGE with Hall and Cucumber Batch. Did anyone buy that they were once a couple? I didn’t really.)

This isn’t a diss at WW, but in general it felt like gender bender Reeve/Kidder when you think about it. World experienced person dealing with an out of this world sincere/naive-to-a-fault super person. 

• Like 1

It was mentioned in an article a few months ago, but some people were stil skeptical he would be really involved with the film, and now we get confirmation from the man himself:

The DCEU is back on track, now we just need Flashpoint or whatever to somehow manage to erase the abominable Justice League movie from continuity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It was mentioned in an article a few months ago, but some people were stil skeptical he would be really involved with the film, and now we get confirmation from the man himself:

The DCEU is back on track, now we just need Flashpoint or whatever to somehow manage to erase the abominable Justice League movie from continuity. 

How about every DCEU movie not titled WW as well?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RRA said:

How about every DCEU movie not titled WW as well?

LOL

I cannot believe that some people still think that JL's biggest problem was Whedon's involvement. Did these people miss Man of Steel and Batman V Superman?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StevenG said:

LOL

I cannot believe that some people still think that JL's biggest problem was Whedon's involvement. Did these people miss Man of Steel and Batman V Superman?

Batman v Superman is a good film.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Just realized the first WW2 trailer won't be released at Comic Con because of its late November opening date.

Lame.

:huh:

It's releasing November 01st, 2019. There will be a trailer at Comic Con 2019 for sure.

Edited by DMan7

It's releasing November 01st, 2019. There will be a trailer at Comic Con 2019 for sure.

I said FIRST trailer.

90% of the hype of Comic Con is seeing the first trailers for movies.

Like Ragnarok we will get the second trailer at that point with movie's late Nov release.

10 hours ago, StevenG said:

LOL

What do Man of Steel, Batman Vs Superman and Justice League all have in common ?

They were all produced by Christopher Nolan !

Wonder Woman wasn't....

There's yer smoking gun !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

What do Man of Steel, Batman Vs Superman and Justice League all have in common ?

They were all produced by Christopher Nolan !

Wonder Woman wasn't....

There's yer smoking gun !

@StevenG liked your post.

Bad sign...

3c59c8d54a43b9eb411bab4ed773e7bc9d20eeb2

Edited by KeepItU25071906

It's weird how people put their personal feelings before facts and numbers in a Box Office discussion forum. Justice League was the first commercial flop in the DCEU. The franchise was having a great run at the box office before they took the movie from Zack Snyder. I don't know why we're still having this discussion. I'm just glad the people responsible for ruining Justice League are gone and Zack Snyder is back working in Wonder Woman 2. This movie will be a massive hit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1