kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Are people still exicted about the 80's thing ?

Sweet Lord Yeezus, fucking enough.

Oh, 80's pop cultural references yi pi dee fuck !

A Cure Song, that s kewl !!!

Did I just see a Madonna reference ?

Kill me now.

:angry::rolleyes:-_-<_<

Just wait until Jlaw is cast as Samantha Fox in the definitive biopic of the eighties three-hit wonder pop music bimbo.

20 hours ago, Orestes said:

Like Nolan but, you know, without the talent.

20 hours ago, manny1234 said:

BVS was Snyder downfall from the DCEU with JL cementing it and only restricted to producer on this movie is good.

Snyder was still pretty much involved with Wonder Woman as producer in the first place...

9 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

Cold War setting, will it get a China release?

First Class didn't because of that.

That was the 70s tho. 

And if they're partnering with Wanda like the last 2 dceu movies , can't they manage the release ?

Edited by NamakFiskKa

2 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

Wonder Woman was released one year ago today! 

True! And a new classic was born (complete with a classic scene --No Man's Land--- added to the Most iconic Scenes In Cinema History list)

Did anyone really expect that a Wonder Woman film would end up grossing 820 million dollars and become a cultural phenmenon?

I sure as heck did not, but then again, I didn't expect it to be good either (after the DCEU's less-than-stellar record).

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I thought this was supposed to be about ww2 but now it’s the 80s? Wonder why they changed it

Was that ever confirmed in any way or was it just a natural assumption that everyone made? I honestly can't remember.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

I thought this was supposed to be about ww2 but now it’s the 80s? Wonder why they changed it

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

Was that ever confirmed in any way or was it just a natural assumption that everyone made? I honestly can't remember.

Officially nothing was ever mentioned about a World War II setting. It was just some people assuming it after the first film's WWI setting. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

She killed Ludendorf in WW!, so WW2 didn't happen.

Um likely would have as the treat of Versaille would have still happened but maybe not having the war go on so horribly for everyone in 2018 would make everyone less bitter and wanting to be so punitive on the germans...idk

9 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

:huh: She mentioned Wonder Woman 2?

:P 

World War II, when she used the example of the US government enlisting the help of the mafia as precedence for recruiting bad guys.

Also, Steven Spielberg's Blackhawks movie, if it ever sees the light of day and is set in the DC universe, will be World War II based.

Edited by Spidey Freak

The George Perez’s 1980s Wonder Woman run is my absolute favorite. So, I like the 1980s setting if that means they go back to those books and pull out Mindy, and Julie, and Vanessa as her supporting cast.