kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

If it needs more action then it needs more action. They do these screenings really far out for this purpose. WB need to listen and get it straightened out. 

They could be entering 2022 with 3 solo characters popping out $1b+ films in Wonder Woman, Aquabro, and The Batman. Throw in Matrix 4 and Harry Potter 9 and WB is back on top ([Mod Edit]

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Remember Deadpool 2 allegedly had a horrific test screening a few weeks before release? That still turned out ok. 

I do have the fear that WW84 will do something similar to Deadpool 2 and It2. The original started at such a huge level, that the only way to go is down (domestically). 

Although, the WW sequel has room to grow overseas. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, excel1 said:

If it needs more action then it needs more action. They do these screenings really far out for this purpose. WB need to listen and get it straightened out. 

They could be entering 2022 with 3 solo characters popping out $1b+ films in Wonder Woman, Aquabro, and The Batman. Throw in Matrix 4 and Harry Potter 9 and WB is back on top (Die, Disney. Die.)

If done right, WW, SS, and Batman would be three straight billion dollar films for DC/WB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

If done right, WW, SS, and Batman would be three straight billion dollar films for DC/WB.

Bats could be $2b and bats+Joker $3b

Wonder Woman and Aquabro team up movie = $2.5 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I wasn't aware of any bad test screenings for WW.

There was that report that turned out to be from a disgruntled former employee, but not from screenings.

Yes, some bloggers about 2 months before the release said that the movie screening was not good, I think one was a girl from Collider

6 hours ago, AndyK said:

I guess the trailer will be released in time to piggyback it on the Star wars movie.

When the movie’s delay was announced along with the great poster Patty did say that we would get something in December.I don’t remember the exact quote.

Edit: here it is...

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

About these test screenings, they are exactly to see what can be better and what is working.

If a reliable person say the movie have a mixed reception on test screening a month before the release i would be worried, otherwise is normal, they have 7 or 8 months ahead to make corrections.

That said, yeah it would be nice if Warner act like Disney and stop these public screenings to avoid plot leaks and all this drama that happen everytime. We have months until the releases and we already can find info about the plots from both WW1984 and BOP.

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

About these test screenings, they are exactly to see what can be better and what is working.

If a reliable person say the movie have a mixed reception on test screening a month before the release i would be worried, otherwise is normal, they have 7 or 8 months ahead to make corrections.

That said, yeah it would be nice if Warner act like Disney and stop these public screenings to avoid plot leaks and all this drama that happen everytime. We have months until the releases and we already can find info about the plots from both WW1984 and BOP.

I wouldn’t be, necessarily. They still might not be at final cut and want to see what works. Heck, they might go with a subpar cut just to be sure they haven’t missed anything that might work from it. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 2:33 AM, Krissykins said:

Remember Deadpool 2 allegedly had a horrific test screening a few weeks before release? That still turned out ok. 

I do have the fear that WW84 will do something similar to Deadpool 2 and It2. The original started at such a huge level, that the only way to go is down (domestically). 

Although, the WW sequel has room to grow overseas. 

The difference between Deadpool, It, and WW, IN MY OPINION, is that Deadpool/It both exploded and overperformed on opening weekend. While WW did not. We saw what a female led CBM could do with Captain Marvel. WW84 should at least match that on OW. And from there it all depends on quality, obviously. But there is plenty of room for growth.

• Like 2