kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

1 minute ago, aladdino said:

I dont think there's nearly as much hype as there was with WW, being the 'first' big female superhero movie and all

I disagree! The hype around the release of the first poster was bananas! The first WW had hype too but there was some cautious optimism, as the reputation of the DCEU was a bit toxic at the time. Now, the DCEU is on a roll and DC in general is on a roll. Three of the last four DC Comics movies have been well received and smashed the box office. There is tremendous hype for this on various sites. People are excited to see what Cheetah looks like too.  

Yep, first poster created big hype. There hasn't been anything else since so hype dies down which is natural. It'll be restored once we get trailer and more promo materials. 

Look at BW trailer hype. For months and months some people were convinced that there was low interest in BW and I even remember a poll after SDCC or D23 where BW and Eternals were by far the lowest rated, while Blade and Doc Strange 2 were the highest with Thor 4 not far behind. And now look at those trailer views and retweets and social media chatter for BW. It exploded.

Hype is always going to be low even for most anticipated movies if there's nothing to talk about. You can't tweet "Can't wait for WW84" million times every day. 

• Like 6

I just hope WW84 will have much more fast pacing action scenes and better VFX than the first one.
Beyond that i'm really curious to see

how they will integrate (spoiler ahead)

Spoiler

the Aids apidemic into the plot.
Last year we saw several photos from the set of people demonstrating about this subject.
I hope it's in the movie to give it some realistic 80s depth, cause so far by the spoilers I read this movie seems like a mix of 'Indiana Jones' and 'Romancing The Stone'.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I would argue that Wonder Woman had very low hype and it did so well because of WoM, not hype. Captain Marvel had more hype.

Which is only true for the US of A.

It s the only market where Wonder Woman developped those unusal legs for this type of movies.

It overperfomed big time in the US and did decent/great business elsewhere depending on the market.

2 hours ago, a2k said:

conservatively 10% drop dom, 10% bump os-ch, 20% bump ch will give it 

371 dom + 350 os-ch + 109 ch = 830 ww

This seems a reasonable set of numbers.

However much the movie is anticipated, it's not Marvel and many lay people still have a thing about that.

• Thanks 1