kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

2 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

The movie, which is 160 minutes long and closer in tone to Schumacher Batman than WONDER WOMAN.

I feel like you just punched me to my face :stretcher:

However, the tone is not  that important if the story is cohesive and good. who cares if it's campy

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

The movie, which is 160 minutes long and closer in tone to Schumacher Batman than WONDER WOMAN.

It is set in the 80s so I didn't expect a replica of Wonder Woman.

I remember some member here saw WW before it was released and he didn't like it at all (the exact words were: "Uff not good")
I'm sorry you didn't like it at your test screening, 
I just find it hard to believe Patty Jenkins can F*up to the degree of Schumacher.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, a2k said:

conservatively 10% drop dom, 10% bump os-ch, 20% bump ch will give it 

371 dom + 350 os-ch + 109 ch = 830 ww

On the low end I could see 280+300+80 or so. Hopefully this doesn’t turn out like our Jumanji exchange might.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

Just now, ViewerAnon said:

I would argue that a campy tone running for two and a half hours is pretty exhausting. But you're right, and Jenkins is a better filmmaker than Schumacher (though I will happily enjoy shlock like A TIME TO KILL, thank you very much).

Yeah, to me that runtime is the biggest problem. I was hoping it would be shorter than the first film since they wouldn't have to spend half an hour on Themyscira and exploring the backstory of the Amazonians. There's still a few months and I hope they will cut it down.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

We’re back to panicking about this movie? Joy...

This is why I legit have it on a mental block until like May.  I will deal with my panic then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, to me that runtime is the biggest problem. I was hoping it would be shorter than the first film since they wouldn't have to spend half an hour on Themyscira and exploring the backstory of the Amazonians. There's still a few months and I hope they will cut it down.

This is why #2s are almost always better.  They get to spend two hours or more "playing" instead of "setting up." 

This is the norm in length these days for blockbusters...and anyway, it doesn't matter.  A film is as good as it is, the length shouldn't determine an impression up front.

The 1980s were a goofy time.  And the tone will be different.  The first movie was very dark (again, partially because of the period it was depicting).  This one is definitely going to be lighter, no doubt.  The important thing, as always, is character, character, character.  That will determine whether this "works" or not.  If you have a character you believe in, you're with them through anything.  And what Jenkins got out of Gadot and Pine in Movie 1 (despite its other issues) still makes me believe in this one.

But ViewerAnon's take is interesting...

23 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

No, he liked it.  He said the third act had problems.  Which it does.  Let's not start that up again.  Thank you.  

No, he called it “a mess”. 

160 minutes will hopefully be cut following the test screenings then. We’ll find out if “too long” was a consensus complaint. If it was, they’d change it. 

• Like 2