kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

I'm thinking at least 375m Dom and 475m OS. WW1 number in Europe is really weak, so 30m increase is possible. With rapid increase on Asian market probablycan contribute 30-40m more from the first one and with this trailer premiere in Brazil, I wish it can get Joker numbers in there.

Edited by RJ 95

Trailer views are interesting to watch, but they are not the end all, be all by any means. Plus, this trailer dropped differently from other movies, where many people watched the live stream on twitter. Therefore, it may not be an exact apples to apples comparison to other films. I guess we will see how things play out from here. Anyway, I am very pleased with the reaction to the trailer. Have not seen many negative reactions at all. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 1

People thinking this is going to do $350m...lol

IF they actually make Cheetah look intimidating, then the hype will be through the fucking roof and I honestly cannot see anything below $150m as its predecessor is beloved. It'll be the third sequel to increase upon a $400m predecessor (the other two being Catching Fire and Frozen II). All female-led films, interestingly enough. 

If Cheetah ends up looking good...then I think it'll beat the $166m of BvS.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Maybe I’m naive but I don’t see this opening less than $150M. The first Wonder Woman was loved by a lot of people so there will def be a rush factor to see this one. It’s legs however will be determined by its quality. I could see it missing $400M domestically if it’s not good but if it is and people love it then all bets are off. As long as the quality is there, I’m not sure what the reasoning for a decrease from the first would be. Especially with DC now being in the good graces of the GP. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

Also in regards to trailer views whether on YouTube or on Twitter.....I’m always cautious with them predicting “hype” or comparing them to other movies now a days because it’s very easy to manipulate views of a trailer if you’re having it play as an ad before other videos on YouTube or you have it pinned as a “promoted” tweet on Twitter so it hops in people’s timelines. I have no idea whether WW is having that done for it or not BUT I notice some films do and some films don’t. *For example, I had BW pop up on my twitter timeline as a promoted tweet and it played as a scrolled by it. 

*Other films have that. I was just using BW as an example because it’s very recent. 

• Like 2

I liked the trailer seems fun. DC is also not really strong in terms of trailer views anyway unless it's Batman.  Also a huge part of wonder woman's audience were older women. It is exciting to see Wonder Woman getting her own trilogy. I hope it does well and is well received. I'd rather this movie be an underdog and then surprise us than be over predicted due to trailer views.

3 hours ago, Marcos12 said:

Trailer views or likes a lot of times don't match BO, even in  similar genre.

Examples...

Aquaman most viewed trailer = 60m views and 655k likes (first trailer, which is already 1 year and 5 months old), Aquaman's second most viewed trailer has  19m views , Aquaman two trailers with most views combined = 79m views (and people here said this movie has no hype in 2018:lol:).

Spider man-Far From home trailer with most views = 78m views and 1.8 million likes (in 7 months only), FFH second most viewed trailer 48m views, FFH two trailers with most views combined = 126m.

If trailer views were a great indicator Far From home would easily beat Aquaman, but in the end who did the most? 

Doctor Strange trailers have more views than Wonder Woman (2017) and Guardians of the Galaxy movies trailers, but Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy did more at BO.

You are absolutely right but what I said was 1) views # is not great. 2) 100-120m sounds right to me. Which part upsets you? 'cause a hyped cbm sequel's first trailer should do more than that and 100-120m is a great opening number for a dceu movie.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, LegionofDoom said:

I think it's unfair to compare everything with Marvel. Wonder Woman 1984 will probably be highest grossing movie (Domestic) next year. 

Thank you. Dceu doesn't need mcu's level of success to be a successful franchise. Ww only needs to outdo itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

16 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

You are absolutely right but what I said was 1) views # is not great. 2) 100-120m sounds right to me. Which part upsets you? 'cause a hyped cbm sequel's first trailer should do more than that and 100-120m is a great opening number for a dceu movie.

Why is the opening weekend going to have zero growth from the first film?

6 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Dangerous phrase. I agree that trailer metrics are weaker than I expected though. 

Cause The trailer is not great. 

The first Joker teaser had so many visualizations because it was spectacular

+150M OW

+450M DOM

imho

Edited by fabiopazzo2

14 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

Are you only seeing the lower bound? And why can't it be?

Because this one's almost certainly going to have more hype than the first film (which had lowest hype compared to the other superhero movies releasing that year). That doesn't mean the final gross will increase but I think the OW will increase.