kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

7 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Now, this is a great point. I do see that sometimes too. I think it is masterful advertising. It would have been a good idea for Warner to do that for WW84. When I open my Twitter, there was a story about the trailer which did not include a package of the trailer automatically playing. 

What makes you think WB didn't advertise Wonder Woman trailer? Most of the trailer nowadays are promoted through the social media. The basic point of releasing trailer is to advertise it. 

7 minutes ago, LegionofDoom said:

What makes you think WB didn't advertise Wonder Woman trailer? Most of the trailer nowadays are promoted through the social media. The basic point of releasing trailer is to advertise it. 

Please read the post by Nova.  Of course it is being advertised. However, it was not (from what I could see) embedded as an ad or promotion on Twitter and YT. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Please read the post by Nova.  Of course it is being advertised. However, it was not (from what I could see) embedded as an ad or promotion on Twitter and YT. 

Trailer is not embedded on twitter. It is promoted to timeline of people who are less active on superhero accounts on twitter. I am sure you have just like me already liked and retweeted WW84 trailer. 

19 minutes ago, LegionofDoom said:

Trailer is not embedded on twitter. It is promoted to timeline of people who are less active on superhero accounts on twitter. I am sure you have just like me already liked and retweeted WW84 trailer. 

No! Some movies appear as ads. I wouldn’t know about promos to less active superhero accounts because I am not one of those people. I know this trailer is not embedded. Some trailers start playing on timelines as soon as a user goes to their account. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 1

Guys, time to face the truth. WW has limited appeal. It's still very big appeal but apparently the appeal isn't subject to growth unlike MCU movies. hence why views leg behind BW ones. Fans of WW checked out the trailer but other didn't. OTOH,MCU has an ability to attract broader attention.  

I really don't know what it is. WW has insanely likable heroine and actress but :unsure: maybe audience wants more dour type in such role? I mean, the movie's going to be a hit but I'm not sure it'll increase from the previous one. I know that views are not be all and end all but there's certain limit apparently. I said yesterday, shame if the trailer gets less views than comparable Marvel trailer and it did. I also agree I shouldn't compare to that brand for it has its own rules. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

I feel like WW has a broader appeal than Marvel. The general audience is not that rabid with their views/likes. Marvel has a huge fanbase and they are very dedicated, that's why their movies have so many likes, so fast. WW appeals to older women and they have more important things to do than give likes on youtube

Edited by Alli
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Guys, time to face the truth. WW has limited appeal. It's still very big appeal but apparently the appeal isn't subject to growth unlike MCU movies. hence why views leg behind BW ones. Fans of WW checked out the trailer but other didn't. OTOH,MCU has an ability to attract broader attention.  

I really don't know what it is. WW has insanely likable heroine and actress but :unsure: maybe audience wants more dour type in such role? I mean, the movie's going to be a hit but I'm not sure it'll increase from the previous one. I know that views are not be all and end all but there's certain limit apparently. I said yesterday, shame if the trailer gets less views than comparable Marvel trailer and it did. I also agree I shouldn't compare to that brand for it has its own rules. 

More views doesn't necessarily mean broader appeal. It could also mean having an ardent fanbase. Like I said regarding Joker, the MCU also has a pretty young, male-dominated fanbase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegionofDoom said:

I am hyped for WW84 but this trailer was very low on energy

Huh? I found the trailer to be good, not great, but low on energy is the LAST descriptor I'd use. The editing to the music was fantastic and definitely had loads of energy to it - especially once the Washington street scene kicks in.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

More views doesn't necessarily mean broader appeal. It could also mean having an ardent fanbase. Like I said regarding Joker, the MCU also has a pretty young, male-dominated fanbase.

DC also have a male dominated fanbase. Captain Marvel was big hit with both men and women. From personal experience, Ithink DC is more male dominated. 

1 minute ago, LegionofDoom said:

DC also have a male dominated fanbase. Captain Marvel was big hit with both men and women. From personal experience, Ithink DC is more male dominated. 

Well, WW fanbase defies this and that is the point being made. WW was 50/50 gender split which is uncommon for superhero flicks.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Alli said:

I feel like WW has a broader appeal than Marvel. The general audience is not that rabid with their views/likes. Marvel has a huge fanbase and they are very dedicated, that's why their movies have so many likes, so fast. WW appeals to older women and they have more important things to do than give likes on youtube

MCU has a very broad appeal otherwise there won't be thing called 'Marvel Saturdays'. 

Wonder Woman made over $400M domestically and $800M WW despite the GP being put off by the DCEU and yet WW is not impactful and has no appeal?

Im sorry but I have to laugh. 

The reality is that trailer views used to tell us somethings about the box office but because they are so easily manipulated now a days, large fan bases and nostalgia taking effect, they tell us very little. The only thing I’d argue is that original films don’t fall into this and YouTube views may predict interest. But I don’t think trailer views for franchise films are a relevant indicator of hype/box office. There have franchise films with high views that don’t show at the box office and franchise films with less than stellar views yet the film does really well at the box office. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that the shots of the mall scene and the shot where Wonder Woman runs super fast looked different from the rest of the trailer. I thought I could see film grain there so I guess its the scene that was shot in 70mm IMAX? I'm not sure if its film grain or just shitty youtube quality tbh,

4 minutes ago, LegionofDoom said:

Aquaman and Wonder Woman both were more female dominated than any recent superhero film. I do think Batman movies have a similar demographics split to a Marvel movie though.