kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

On 12/9/2019 at 2:56 AM, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Great trailer. I am happy with it. Would have loved to have seen Cheetah in her final form, but they have to save something for later. June 6, 2020 cannot come soon enough. 

It's coming on my birthday yay

• Astonished 2

When are some of y'all going to stop underselling WB/DC as a franchise? First,  WW84...  great trailer,  I loved the music and Diana looks awesome.  

But as for the box office..    Most here said Aquaman was going to do around $600M worldwide and it ended up doing $1.1 billion. 

Most here said Joker was going to do around $500M-$600M  and it's right around $1.05 billion.  

DC/WB is not some small little franchise just trying to make a buck.  It's a juggernaut and if JL wasn't blundered it would have been on par with other team up movies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Man that Reddit box office forum has become so toxic lol. It use to be decent but now is just infested by fanboys. 

Anyway I think the trailer views are good for Wonder Woman. Aquaman had 10 million on YouTube in first 24 hours and that was launched at comic con.

12 hours ago, bruchav said:

Wonder Woman audience is quite different from a superhero movie, even compared to Captain Marvel.

"Even though Captain Marvel launched on International Women’s Day yesterday, she continues to remain male heavy, 61% to 39% on PostTrak.  Females over 25 remain the third best draw at 22% behind M25+ (33%), and Men under 25 (25%). And at 4 stars, an ‘A’ CinemaScore, and an 86% from females and 80% from males, everyone is just charmed by Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers’ exits are quite different from that of DC’s first onscreen female superhero Wonder Woman : Female moviegoers led the way to that pic, outweighng men 55% to 45%. Females ages 25 and up (32%) were the leading demo, followed by men 25+ (29%) and women under 25 (23%)."

https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-opening-weekend-box-office-breaks-records-1202571905/

"Wonder Woman Box Office Success Driven by Older & Female Moviegoers"

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-box-office-older-female-moviegoers/

I believe the size of the female audience for the two films was about the same over OW. I think I roughly calculated it before. 

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

A  little concerned from the trailer's final scene they are going to go the "Man out of his time" route for Steve Trevor,and it will look like a poor man's version of the "Man out of his time" bit with another Steve.

Also clear if you want to see the Cheetah fully transformed, you will have to pay ten bucks to do so.

It's a reversal of the fish out of water dynamic from the first film. 

There's nothing "concerning" about trailer views.  Trailer views are spread across the internet on every form of social media but even then I talked to a few people tonight who had seen the trailer for the first time on television.  They aired it during I think maybe MNF or something,   I also seen it the night before during the special episode on Supergirl.   

WB is getting it out there and it's only December.  This comes out in June,  middle of Summer...   the only thing that can stop it is if it's not good. 

• Like 4

Some of you guys forget that WW did very well domestically but overseas it did only 409m, so it’s not like the first one did massive business anywhere but domestically. I expect this to increase overseas and I think the trailer views/likes etc, plus the fact that the live stream had 2.4m viewers is all pointing to pretty good things for this as long as the movie delivers for people. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

I believe the size of the female audience for the two films was about the same over OW. I think I roughly calculated it before. 

It's a reversal of the fish out of water dynamic from the first film. 

In absolute numbers? You're probably right, but there's a difference in  legs, probably caused by that difference in Demo.

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Some of you guys forget that WW did very well domestically but overseas it did only 409m, so it’s not like the first one did massive business anywhere but domestically. I expect this to increase overseas and I think the trailer views/likes etc, plus the fact that the live stream had 2.4m viewers is all pointing to pretty good things for this as long as the movie delivers for people. 

DC movies is in a much worse situation/WOM at the time, and movie WW1 set  hurts it too probably, I think it will have a good jump OS compared to the first movie.

Edited by bruchav