kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

On 12/11/2019 at 2:12 AM, Jedi Jat said:

well, technically speaking, mcu votes were divided in two. The Eternals is most hyped.

That is assuming that a person is only a fan of one studio which obviously there are people like that but most people don't view things in that way.  The 32-year old married mother of two doesn't give a crap who made what.  

10 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Wait that supposed Amazon spinoff is legit and not some BS rumor?

Is WB gonna start pumping out 4/5 DC movies a year?

Probably not, they're just willing to explore more ideas to see what gels in the end.

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

They should just make it an HBO Max exclusive. Same goes for that Trench movie. 

Trench should be theatrical. Horror continues to be a great investment: low-ish costs with high returns.

Amazons, though, should be a series, either on MAX or DC Universe (or both, if they aren't going to merge the services.)

As I said the other day, this would have no issue passing the BOP trailer and in less then a week  ( BOP trailer has been out since October). Not like it matters much but People just need to relax, all these movies are going to do fine relative to their budgets. 

• Like 2

I guess we have moved on from "WW84 test screenings are a disaster" to "WW84 trailer view numbers are a disaster". 

Speaking of trailer views. Anyone remember earlier this year when Detective Pikachu & Toy Story 4 trailers dropped and Detective Pikachu dominated in trailer views?

The trailer has already amassed over 60 million views on YouTube. And that’s not including the other outlets (like us) that posted it as well. That makes it one of this year’s most popular videos. And keep in mind that it’s just the first trailer. Compare that to the performance of the Toy Story 4 trailer that premiered earlier in the day, which has only garnered 14 million views thus far over the past two weeks. Granted, Disney/Pixar’s forthcoming sequel is still expected to make a fortune, but Detective Pikachu could easily run away with a bigger box-office success, based on the viral success of its trailer.

Box Office

Detective Pikachu - $431M WW

Toy Story 4 - $1B WW

• Like 5

10 hours ago, meridan said:

I guess we have moved on from "WW84 test screenings are a disaster" to "WW84 trailer view numbers are a disaster". 

Speaking of trailer views. Anyone remember earlier this year when Detective Pikachu & Toy Story 4 trailers dropped and Detective Pikachu dominated in trailer views?

Box Office

Detective Pikachu - $431M WW

Toy Story 4 - $1B WW

Yeah Trailer views don't matter much, Guardians of the Galaxy 2's most viewed trailer has 21m views and the movie opened with $146.5m Dom, while Ant man and Wasp have trailer with 30m views and  movie opened with $75.8m OW.

Venom has an exaggerated number of views (much more than Aquaman if you count trailers 1, 2 and 3) and  movie is not as big as the number of views  suggest (especially DOM), I'm sure TROS will have a bigger box office than Venom, even though the trailers don't even have half the views.

Edited by Marcos12

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

Well this is just for the trailers before the releases, and now that everyone has seen all of it, Wonder Woman won.

Anecdotally speaking, the two online polls show that there was more excitement to see BW’s trailer. That is not totally surprising because this is her first movie. However, once people saw both trailers, the support for BW declined and WW went up. 

Most people do not go online and therefore probably have not seen the trailers. Therefore, if there is as much anticipation to see what BW has to offer, as the trailer poll showed, then the movie will do very well.

WW is more of a known quantity and I think the second poll shows what we all saw and what the internet reflected; i.e- the trailer was extremely well done and the reactions were very positive. I expect WB to keep building on that. The unveiling of Cheetah in full form will be an important component to how well the movie does at the box office. 

Theres a Rotten Tomatoes editorial up.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/everything-we-know-about-wonder-woman-1984/?cmp=TWRT_Edit_Everything_WW84

Wasn't aware that the one of the photos on the mantelpiece was Diana standing outside the Trevor Ranch, which means she spent some time with Steves family.

I guess there's a story to be told.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, MrGlass2 said:

BoP had bad numbers at first, below 10M the first week; you're comparing to WW84 after less than 2 days. It will easily reach 20M, a level that can mean anything for the box office since the correlation is far from perfect.

And done, in 5 days. It's fine.

42 minutes ago, AndyK said:

BW did 33m in 6 days but I think I found the reason for the discrepancy...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed that Black Widow has +50 million views including all accounts on Youtube (it's the same number as the Wonder Woman trailer including all accounts).

So I don't know but I think that if both trailers only had one upload on the main channel (Warner Bros and Marvel Entertainemnt), the number of views would be the same.

For example: I posted here three days ago that the trailer on the Warner Bros Latinoamerica account had 1.3 million views, now it's 6.2 million views. The second main upload for the Black Widow trailer only has 2.3 million views.

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

For example: I posted here three days ago that the trailer on the Warner Bros Latinoamerica account had 1.3 million views, now it's 6.2 million views. The second main upload for the Black Widow trailer only has 2.3 million views.

I've been getting the trailer for WW84 in front of every YouTube video I've been watching lately. I'm in Venezuela. 

Edited by LVB
  • Thanks 1